The Next Day of School Part 2

Everyone began looking at me like I had two heads. And then something bad happens... REALLY bad. Mitch passes out! Thank god Scott catches his head and makes sure he didn't hit his head. We all quickly got up and while I ran to go get some ice everyone else was keeping an eye on Mitch. I got Mitch the Ice and put it on the back of his neck, and I kept it there for a solid ten minutes before Mitch's eyes begin to flutter open. "Scott, is that you?" Mitch says in a weak tone. "Yes, Mitchie. I am here, it's alright. Everything's going to be alright." Scott said. Oh god, I hope everyone doesn't hate me... "I'm sorry was it what I said? It's fine honestly if you don't... or can't..." I said apologetically. "It's completely fine, this was actually his dream... well like to perform and stuff, but he has terrible stage fright. And whenever he gets put on some kind of stage for any reason, he stares at everyone, freezes, and then finally passes out." Scott informs me. But then I got an idea. Everyone except for Scott and Mitch are still looking at me weirdly. But I just say it for the heck of it. "I get it, it's really hard... I just wanna do it for the fun of it, you know? It's not like everyone is gonna hear what we do. And I was thinking of an acapella group because of Kevin's awesome beatboxing skills and Avi's low voice. But I still don't know what everyone's vocal ranges are. I'm extremely scared of doing this in public also. I usually begin having panic attacks. Really bad ones." I told everyone. "Oh my gosh yes! I love that idea! And vocal ranges?" Mitch asks while Avi, Kevin, and Scott all nod looking puzzled. "Oh, your vocal range is how high and how low you sing. I'm pretty sure you guys have at least learned it in choir... right?" I ask. They all look at me terrified. Then it finally hits me... "You guys haven't taken choir!?" I asked surprised. "Nope." They all said looking terrified. We all sat in a circle in silence until finally I spoke. "Okay guys I have a confession to make... I have never sang in front of a crowd all by myself before. I use choir to sing my heart out and the best thing is, when you're in choir you can do that without getting anxious and nervous. That's because no one can really hear you. One time I tried and I walked on stage. When the spotlight lit up and was on me, I froze and I threw up... all over the stage. People pulled out their phones and began recording it while it was happening. That was when I was in elementary school. And that's when the bullying began... people from then all out began calling me 'The Pukester'. I am always verbal and cyber bullied now that I left elementary school. The bullying got so bad I had to move to a different city. I'm terrified of singing in front of people also. This is why I didn't want to take choir in the first place. I feel like people still know. I know this sounds weird and I know no one knows me in this class. I try and think about singing again but the thought of being bullied and pushed around gives me panic attacks." I tell them. I didn't realize I began crying so I hurried and wiped my tears with the sleeve of my shirt. Meanwhile, I feel everyone surrounding me in a warm group hug and then Avi speaks up. "Kevin and I are scared of singing in front of people also. Kevin's mind begins to race and he begins to talk fast, Meanwhile, I begin to shake... well tremble. So bad that I can't hold anything. And I get confused. VERY confused. Like I start acting like I'm stupid." Avi says while he begins to get jittery. After all Mitch has been put through, he finally speaks up. "I can't believe everyone here understands me... all these years I only felt that Scott understood me better than anyone, and now I have you guys. This is amazing. I know I've only known you guys for literally one and a half days, but I LOVE you guys!" He exclaims with a smile. Then I begin to think... Scott, Mitch, Kevin, Avi, and I all are afraid to sing in front of people... people in general. Will we be able to sing to each other? With each other? Work with each other?