Auditions

I have choir today and my teacher has told us about the elite competition team (The Vocal Ensemble) auditions. I have been constantly thinking about if I should audition or not and then I finally thought it would be good thing to do to help break my stage freight. I hope I get in and I hope I don't basically go silent in front of the teacher and the classmates. That WILL be embarrassing. I need to practice. I've been itching to be in this kind of singing activity for a while but my stage fright has been keeping me from doing it. Now I am ready to try and kill my fear. The auditions begin next week and the choir teacher said that we can audition with whatever song we want and she's going to record all our auditions so she can look over all of them when we're not in school and when she's home. I told Scott, Mitch, Kevin, and Avi about what I was planning on doing and they all thought that it was a very scary thing because of how scared they are. They said that they will be there for me no matter if the choir teacher selects me or not. They still think I'm a really good singer, which means the world. The Vocal Ensemble gets to go on this huge field trip for the choir competition this year. They get to go to California to compete. I'm gonna begin to practice. I need to practice a lot. This will mean the world to me if I actually got a spot in the Vocal Ensemble. I have no idea what I will do if I didn't get a spot. My brain begins to fry when I think about it. I still have no idea what song I'm gonna do yet. I'm thinking of doing "Somewhere Over the Rainbow." I guess I should practice that song. I think this song fits my voice pretty well and I sing it ALL the time. I need to sing this song every chance I get if I want a spot in the Vocal Ensemble. I went to sleep thinking about me actually getting accepted and it made me feel so giddy inside. I really hope I get a spot. "Am I good enough?" I begin to think.