6

Miles hurried to the closest subway station and was lucky to get the next train to the central park. There were not too many people in it at this time, only a man in a suit, busily typing on his phone and a guy with his face full of tattoos and a paper bag in his hands, who looked at Miles creepily.

Luckily, it took just a few minutes to reach his destination, then Miles left the train and ran up the stairs. He found his dad and walked towards him.

His dad seemed impatient and took a look on his watch: "Where are your siblings?"

At that moment, Logan appeared and eventually, Dad grunted: "Fine, then we'll have to start without Claire."

"What's the matter?", Logan asked and Dad explained: "During the past months, a bloodless body was found here every morning of the 7thday of the month."

"Today is the 6th ", Logan said and Dad nodded: "Exactly. That's why we're making sure there'll be no body tomorrow."

He took a remote out of his pocket and handed it to Miles.

"You're controlling the drone, check the park and tell us when you see something", he ordered and Miles nodded. They entered the park and Miles watched the screen that showed what the drone was filming.

He only navigated it over the zoo briefly and was about to turn around since there were only animals, when he noticed persons.

"Dad", he whispered and dad and Logan stopped immediately. Miles showed them the screen and they nodded.

The zoo had already closed, so they had to climb the fence. When they had gotten inside, they quietly walked in the directions they had seen the persons.

After a few minutes they were able to hear them and when they found them,they hid behind a wall. There seemed to be two men, pulling a young woman with them, who desperately tried to free herself.

Dad gave them a sign and Logan sneaked around the building next to them. Dad left at the same time, so that they could surround them and Miles started counting in his head. 40 seconds, then they would attack.

35.

"Let go of me", the woman cried, but the vampires just laughed.

"You're ours now."

"W-what do you want from me?"

"We will kill you", one of the vampires proudly announced and the woman let out another cry.

21.

As quietly as possible, Miles loaded the gun in his hands. The bullets were made of wood and had been dipped in vampire toxin. When they were shot into a vampire's head, he would die right away.

13.

Miles took a deap breath and got ready to attack.

7.

Dad and Logan should be in their positions by now.

5.

4.

3.

2.

1.

Something metallic fell to the ground and rolled towards the vampires who seemed confused.

One second later there was a big bang and smoke surrounded the vampires. They started coughing and Miles jumped out of his hiding place.

The smoke was already weaker, but the toxin in it was still distracting the vampires.

There was a shot and one of them fell to the ground. The woman screamed and Miles pointed his gun at the second vampire, who tried to escape. But before he even had the chance to pull the trigger, the vampire's body sank to the floor, his head rolling away.