25

Miles hurried up the stairs to Scott's apartment.

It was friday evening and they finally wanted to enjoy some time together, without being interrupted.

Scott opened the door and let Miles come in and as soon as Miles had taken off his jacket and shoes, Scott smirked: "Keep going!", and pulled Miles' shirt off.

"Woah, impatient today?", Miles laughed and Scott put on an innocent face: "I'm an impatient person. Also, you promised to make up for something, so stop talking!"

Miles chuckled, but then Scott kissed him and took off his own shirt, too, while pulling Miles towards his bedroom.

He pushed him on his bed, climbing on top of him and then took Miles hand, to hold them down next to Miles' head again.

He slowly began kissing down his chest and let go of Miles' hands, who immediately put them in Scott's neck to pull him closer. But Scott grabbed his wrists, put them back on the mattress and looked him in the eyes: "Leave them here."

Scott continued, but Miles could not help but put his arms around him again, until Scott chuckled: "If you don't listen, I'll have to tie you up."

Miles gasped, but Scott just smirked provocatively, so Miles did as he said.

Scott now put his lips on Miles' neck, while his hands wandered down to his belt.

Within a few seconds he had opened Miles' jeans and slowly slipped his hand in.

Miles moaned and bit his lip, making Scott grin contently, before he continued their kiss.

And there it was. This ringing.

Miles could not remember a moment where he hated it as much as he did now.

Scott stopped and frowned: "I thought you wanted to forget that at home?"

Miles pulled a face: "I forgot to forget it ... but we'll just ignore it!"

Scott shrugged and then continued.

But Miles' phone would not stop ringing, whoever the caller was, he called again and again, until Scott groaned: "Okay, don't move, I'll turn it off."

Miles stayed where he was, using the time to calm down his breath, while Scott grabbed the phone.

But then he noticed how Scott froze. Miles raised an eyebrow: "What is it?"

He sat up and Scott did not even protest, so Miles took the phone out of his hands and read the message from his Dad.

There are too many of them, we need you!

Then, there was another message, telling him the address.

Scott gasped and turned pale.

"Oh shit", Miles muttered and jumped off the bed, collecting his clothes from the floor.

"Miles!", Scott called after him, but Miles was already putting on his tshirt: "I'm sorry, but I need to help them!"

"I know, but-", Scott began and followed him into the hallway: "Please wait a second!"

Miles swung open the frontdoor while putting on his shoes. He almost fell over, but then hurried out the door towards the stairs.

"Wait!", Scott called once more, but Miles was already gone. He did not have the time now, he would apologize to Scott another time.

This was an emergency, he could not just ignore it, even though that had been the plan for tonight.

His family was in danger.

Seven minutes later, Miles reached a small alley.

He spotted his Dad, who fought against two vampires with a knife. They growled menacingly, while he kept defending their attacks.

More vampires were coming down the street towards them, with their red glowing eyes and dangerous growls.

Suddenly Logan was standing next to Miles and handed him a knife and a gun: "Here, move!"

Logan raised his hand and shot a vampire that had tried to jump at them.

He landed on the floor, staying there. Miles looked up, the eyes of at least five more vampires were glowing on the roofs of the surrounding houses.

Miles aimed at a vampire that was attacking his Dad and shot him, but as soon as he had sunk to the ground, three other vampires appeared.

"Until now, we haven't been able to do any more than defend ourselves", Logan shouted, "but now that there's four of us, we'll attack them!"

Miles nodded and suddenly felt a hand wrap around his throat.

He used his knife instantly, hitting his attacker with it, and the grib around his throat loosened, so that Miles was able to turn around.

The vampire growled, revealing his fangs, then he took a step forward, but Miles already put the gun to his forehead and shot.

The red glowing stopped and he joined the other bodies on the floor.

At that moment, Claire came running to them, her arms full with vampire poison filled hand grenades and he immediately threw a few.

A couple vampires began coughing and stumbled back, but Claire quickly jumped at them.

Miles looked around, then focussed on a vampire that was running towards the street and followed him. Claire ran into the other direction, while Logan and Dad stayed in their places, still fighting the vampires coming from the roof.

The vampire did not notice Miles following him when he joined some others who were lingering behind the corner. He had his back turned to Miles, so Miles grabbed his knife and threw it.

It would have hit the vampire right in his neck, but just before it hit him, he was thrown to the ground.

The vampire who had just saved the other, quickly got up again and raised his head.

Suddenly, Miles was not able to move anymore. He just stared and felt terribly sick. No, this could not be true. It just couldn't.

Right in front of him, there was Scott.

And his eyes were glowing red.