32

When Scott reached the street, a black SUV suddenly stopped right next to him.

Confused, Scott stopped, then the window was opened. Claire sat in the car and shouted: "Get in!"

Without any hesitation, Scott got in the car and immediately asked: "What's wrong?"

"We let Lawrence track your phone", Claire explained, "It's Miles ..."

She sounded tense and her face looked as if she was unsuccessfully trying to hide her fear.

Logan was sitting in the back seat and now leant forward: "What were you doing in this part of the city?"

"Hey, does that really matter right now?!", Claire interrupted them. "Miles! Focus on Miles!"

She then quickly began explaining: "Miles has been gone for two days now and we have no idea what to do. He didn't take his phone with him and hasn't left any messages, something must've happened!"

"I know who took him", Scott now admitted and Miles's siblings stared at him in shock.

"Can you track another phone?", Scott asked and Claire was confused: "Sure, but Miles doesn't have his ..."

"How do you know who took him?", Logan wanted to know.

"Tell me the number", Claire said and Scott showed her Cameron's phone. Claire immediately send the number to Lawrence.

But Logan would not let it go so easily: "Now tell us who it is!"

"You killed a vampire recently", Scott explained, "his girlfriend now wants revenge."

Claire turned pale: "Oh my god, the one that escaped ... when Sammy was supposed to kill his first vampire!"

Scott made a disgusted face: "Seriously? Isn't he just like, 13?"

"Actually, that's already late for a hunter", Logan said, "he finally has to start killing vampires."

Scott felt himself getting angry again, but he decided that it was better to stay quiet.

"I've got the adress!", Claire suddenly called out, "It's about half an our from here, out of the city."

"Then go!", Scott rushed her and Claire sped up.

Scott only hoped that he could get through this car ride without talking too much, but Logan would not let that happen: "So, what do you have to do with this?"

Scott sighed: "Some friends of mine know Victoria."

Claire frowned: "So your friends know a vampire, they know that her boyfriend was killed by hunters and that she has now kidnapped Miles?!"

Slowly, Scott nodded: "Yes ..."

"What friends? Are they vampires, too?!", Logan asked.

"Does that really matter?", Scott frowned.

"Yes, it does!", Logan called out angrily. "Why are you friends with such monsters?!"

Scott turned around to face him: "Not all vampires are monsters, okay?! You are killing innocent vampires, too!"

"There's no such thing as an innocent vampire", Logan scoffed. "They're all killers."

"That's not true!", Scott insisted and Logan stared at him in disbelief: "Why are you defending them?!"

Scott did not answer that, but angrily turned back to the front.

Suddenly, Logan took out a small device, the one that Miles had had as well, and it started blinking.

"Oh my god!", Logan shouted and suddenly took out a knife, attacking Scott with it.

"What the hell?!", Scott cursed and dodged the knife.

"Hey, I'm driving a car here!", Claire screamed and Logan growled: "He's a vampire!"

"What?!", Claire tried to keep the car steady, they were going way too fast.

Logan threw the knife at Scott, but he jumped to the side. The car took a dangerous leap to the right and Claire desperately grasped onto the steering wheel.

Logan now took out his gun, pointing it at Scott.

Scott stared at him, he could not be serious. Did he really want to kill him now? In this car, on their way to save Miles?!

"Are you insane?!", Claire screamed again, but he already pulled the trigger. Scott managed to dodge the bullet, so it hit the windshield.

Claire abruptly hit the brakes: "I can't see anything!"

The wheels made awful noises and Logan was thrown to his side. Scott took that opportunity and took the gun away from him.

"You're killing us all!", Scott warned, but Logan would not give up. He jumped to the front and tried to get the gun from Scott.

Suddenly there was a loud bang, the car stopped, the windshield came closer and closer and then everything was upside down.