11

"Mooom, I'm leaving now!", Miles shouted, while walking down the stairs to the living room.

"Okay, have fun", Mom answered and waved from the kitchen, before he left the penthouse. He waited at the street, until Nate eventually came, in a tiny car.

Gwen stepped out of it, letting Miles climb onto the backseat, where Scott was already sitting.

"If I had known we were going do drive in this bobby car, I would have taken the train ...", Scott muttered and Miles suppressed a grin, when Nate threw an angry glare at them: "Shut up, be thankful!"

The backseat was very small, so that Miles and Scott barely fit there next to each other, but Miles did not want to complain, because he did not exactly want to walk all the way to the party.

So, Miles tried to lean back a bit without bumping his head on the ceiling.

Scott did the same, and his hand touched Miles' hand on the seat and he left it there.

Miles looked down on Scott's hand, half on top of his own, then up to Scott, who watched him, as if he was expecting that Miles moved his hand away. But Miles did not move it, but instead looked back to the front, with a little smile on his face.

Eventually, Nate parked the car in front of the house of Gwen's friend and much to their surprise, everyone was able to climb out of the car without hurting themselves.

Loud music was already coming from the house and when the front door was opened, many voices sounded from in there.

The three boys and Gwen entered the hallway, that was already filled with people, just like the living room after it.

"I'll look for the drinks", Miles announced and Scott nodded: "I'll come with you!"

They made their way through all the people until they reached the kitchen. Miles grabbed two cans of Bud Light and gave Scott two cokes, then they turned back to the hallway, but suddenly a girl stood in front of Miles.

"Hi, I'm Miranda!", she smiled.

"Miranda?", Miles repeated, "So this is your party?"

She nodded: "You're Miles, right?"

"Yes."

"Do you want me to show you around a bit? I can show you everything here", she suggested and winked. Miles laughed, a bit insecure. No, he actually did not want this right now ... Scott was already at the door, now turning around and giving Miles a confused look.

"Thanks, Miranda. Um, maybe later?", Miles smiled at her again, then quickly walked past her and followed Scott.

"So you're just leaving that poor girl?", Scott laughed, but Miles just scoffed: "Shut up."

They found Gwen and Miles in the living room.

"Uhh, finally", Nate took the cokes from them.

"So you're really gonna do this?", Scott doubted, but Nate nodded: "Yep, I can have fun without alcohol."

"Exactly", Gwen agreed and kissed him on the cheek.

A while later, Miles suddenly felt a hand on his shoulder. He turned around and two girls from his school smiled at him.

"Hey, we need more people to dance!", one of them shouted over the loud music, already pulling Miles with them.

It took Miles a whole ten minutes to get rid of them, then he found Scott, Nate and Gwen standing around a big table.