37

When Miles woke up, he felt a stabbing pain on the back of his head and slowly opened his eyes. He immediately forgot about the pain when he saw Scott's face in front of him. He was still fast asleep and Miles smiled, looking at his soft and relaxed face.

But then Scott frowned, blinked and opened his eyes.

"Are you stalking me?", he mumbled, smiling sleepily.

"Pff", Miles just scoffed and leant back into his pillow, but the pain in his head came back. He flinched and Scott quickly sat up: "You okay?"

"Yes, it's just ... my head", Miles said through clenched teeth.

"Let me have a look", Scott grabbed Miles' head and turned it so that he could look at the wound. Suddenly he put his hand on the wound and Miles flinched, again, but then the pain suddenly disappeared.

"What did you do?", he asked, amazed, and turned back to Scott, who just shrugged: "I healed it. Seriously, you're never leaving the house on your own again!"

Miles rolled his eyes but then he noticed that Scott was suddenly staring at his hands. Miles looked down and saw that they was blood on them.

"Scott?", Miles carefully asked, but Scott did not react to it. He just kept staring at the blood on his hands, with this expression on his face...

But suddenly Scott blinked a few times and then put on a smile. He wiped the blood off on Miles's shirt and Miles scoffed: "Hey!"

Scott looked at him for a moment, then grinned: "Just take it off."

And just like that, he ripped Miles' t-shirt apart.

Miles gasped: "Again?"

"I simply like you better without a shirt", Scott smirked, leaning back.

For a while, they just lay there in silence, until Miles remembered something: "Your parent's aren't travelling for work, are they?"

"No", Scott admitted. "But saying that is easier than explaining that I'm a vampire."

"And are they vampires, too?"

"No. And they never were. They died before I even became a vampire."

"How did that happen, anyway?'"

"I was bitten. At a party."

"So you become a vampire by being bitten?", Miles went pale. Victoria had bitten him so many times ... he did not want to be a vampire!

"Only if the vampire decides that he wants to turn you", Scott explained and Miles sighed in relief.

Eventually, he whispered: "My siblings know now ..."

Scott frowned: "Do you think Logan will tell your partens?"

"I'm not sure, but I hope not ..."

"And what if he does?"

Miles bit his lip, then he looked at Scott: "Then we'll run away."

Scott doubted that, but then changed the topic: "How are you feeling now?"

Miles chuckled: "I feel like I've been tied to a metal bar for two days, functioning as a snack for an insane vampire woman ..."

"That's not funny", Scott was serious and warned him: "If you weren't still hurt, I'd hit you now."

Miles grinned: "I have a better idea."

With that, he put his hands on Scott's neck, pulled him closer and kissed him.