13

When Miles sat down with Scott and Nate during lunch break, they seemed upset.

"Hey, what's wrong?", Miles wanted to know and Nate sighed: "So you haven't heard of it yet?"

"Heard of what?"

"Last night, at the party ...", Nate began, but then stopped, so Scott continued: "A girl died ..."

"What?!", Miles stared at them in shock. "Why, what happened?"

"She was a friend of Gwen", Nate murmured and Miles asked: "Who?"

"Sarah."

Miles felt all blood leave his face. He had talked to Sarah for so long last night and now she was ... dead?

"How?", was the only thing he was able to say and Nate told him: "Gwen found her upstairs in the hallway. She was completely ... drained of blood. And there were bite marks on her neck."

Miles stared at him. This could not be true ...

"They now want to put Miranda's dog down, because they think he did it ...", Nate added.

Miles scoffed: "That's ridiculous ...."

Scott looked at him suspiciously: "What else do you think could have done it?"

Miles shrugged his shoulders: "Well, the dog wouldn't just bite in her neck and drink all her blood ... If it had been a dog, there would be a lot more bite marks and wounds ..."

Scott looked at Miles, but Miles did not really know what that look meant. He took out his phone and send a message to his Dad: Girl was attacked last night at that party.

"Okay this is making me feel terrible", Nate sighed. "Let's please talk about something else. For example what's going on between you two."

"Hm?", Scott and Miles put on a confused face at the same time.

"Come on", Nate rolled his eyes, "I know that I interrupted something last night, I saw you."

"Nate, just forget it", Scott tried to brush him off, but both he and Miles blushed, so Nate grinned widely: "Well, I know what's going on. But I warn you, this is not what I imagined our friendship to be like, my two best friends dating! Don't be all lovey dovey when I'm with you, please!"

"You're the right one two say that", Scott laughed. "Then what about the stuff you and Gwen always do in front of us?"

"Pff... but still", Nate scoffed and Miles chuckled: "So is this bothering you?"

While saying that, he stepped behind Scott, putting his arms around him. Scott gave him a surprised look, but then winked at Nate jokingly.

Nate sighed: "Great, now already? Okay, I'll be quiet, but stop!"

"Okay, calm down", Scott laughed and Miles let go of him, but then Scott suddenly kissed him on the lips.

It was only for a second, but still ...

Miles looked at Scott with wide eyes and Scott waited for a reaction nervously, but then Miles smiled.

"Okay, I have to get to my class now, see ya!", Scott waved and then left.

Nate and Miles were in the same biology class next and made their way to the classroom.

"So, you're gay?", Nate asked, suddenly, and Miles hesitated, then shrugged: "I don't know ..."

"Oukayy", Nate just chuckled, then they entered the classroom.

When Miles came home after school, Dad immediately interrogated him about the party.

"So you knew the girl?", he asked and Miles nodded: "I talked to her for a while ..."

"I'm sorry that I was so angry and called you home", Dad actually apologized and Miles was surprised by that. He barely ever apologized...

"It's okay ... I probably wouldn't have been able to prevent it, anyway. I mean, nobody could have known that there was a vampire at the party..."

Dad slowly nodded: "Maybe Logan gets more information about it at work."

Deathly Desire *english*जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें