16

On friday during lunch, Miles sat down next to Scott: "Hey."

"Hi!"

"Where's Nate?"

Scott grinned: "Probably with Gwen."

Miles chuckled and began eating his fries. Actually, fries was the only eatable thing at this school, everything else was disgusting. Thinking about it, even the school cafeteria could not ruin fries, apparently.

"Are you free tonight?", Scott asked. "I mean, you had to leave so sudden every time we met recently, so ..."

Miles pulled a face: "Hmm, no ... not today."

"Oh, okay", Scott was disappointed.

"Hey, I'd love to come, but I'm busy tonight ..."

"Mhm, sure. What are you doing?"

Miles rolled his eyes: "I have to go to this club with my sister."

Scott just frowned, then Miles suggested: "Hey, do you wanna come? The club is called Loop, or something like that."

"Loop?!", Nate suddenly appeared next to them. "That's a private club, how do you want to get in there?"

He sat down on one of the chairs and looked at Miles in disbelief, when Miles explained: "My sister has some connections."

"Woow!", Nate called out in excitement. "Can I come, too? And Gwen? Pleeeeaase, I've always wanted to go there!"

Miles laughed: "I don't mind, I'll ask my sister."

He took out his phone and called Claire.

"What do you want?", she groaned and Miles rolled his eyes: "A wonderful day to you, too."

Claire sighed and then asked in an overly friendly tone: "Hii, what can I do for you?"

"I'm just calling to ask if I can bring some friends, too? You know, to this club."

Claire hesitated: "Isn't that dangerous?"

"We'll have to be careful, then ...", Miles said.

"Okay, fine. But I don't want to be responsible for one of your little friends getting hurt!", she warned him.

"They'll be finde", Miles chuckled and then added, quietly: "We don't really know if they are even coming, I mean, it would be kind of stupid of them to do that ..."

"Yeah, you're probably right", Claire agreed and Miles ended the call.

"Why should it be dangerous?", Scott blurted out.

"Um", Miles tried to think of an explanation that did not include vampires. "Because ... because we're not yet 21 and so on ..."

"Sooo amazing!", Nate grinned. Scott did not seem that persuaded, but he did not say anything.