16

Morning

Julia's light snoring rang through Justin's ears.  He was not necessarily disturbed. He had been awake for as long as he could remember. No thoughts were entering of leaving his head, he didn't even know what was beyond the the hut in which was now where he lived.

His eyes shifted to the woman lying against him. Her head was buried against his chest, her hand over his arm that she draped around her waist. She had a light smile on her face. A deep sigh escaped the King's lips as he closed his eyes and regretted last nights events. He had reassured His lover that he was not going back to Egypt, and he'd spend his life here with her.

What was he thinking? He was not even sure, himself. Out of all the days of his life, he has never come across times where he was unsure. Never a time where he felt caged, trapped, confused. But now, this woman, this woman who has an iron grip on his mind and heart, has learned how to use her power.

"These women are dangerous!" Set's voice rang in Justin's head.  Justin shook his head once more as he remembered one of the many talks Set and he had back in the palace.

-flashback-

"You have stepped into my chambers..." Justin smirked as he eyes his personal guard, Set up and down. The pharaoh had just awoken this morning from his eventful night with a handful of Egyptian women.

"My lord," Set bowed his head and got on one knee, his hands resting on the resting  sword hooked on his waist.

Justin nodded in acknowledgment.

Set grinned and stood up. "May I ask how your night was?"

A deep chuckle erupted from the pharaoh's throat. His arms folded around his waist, as he continued laughing. A smile etched on his face and he sat up and looked at Set, with a knowing look. "I know what you have came here to tell me. Please, spare me."

"My king, with all due respect...." Set leaned against the carved, cream colored wall.  "It is time to settle."

"Look who is talking."

"My lord, my duties are to protect you and advise you. I am only fulfilling your father's wishes and yours as well. I cannot entangle myself with such matters."

"I do not need to, Set. At least...not right now."

"I am sure you will find , you do."

"No, Set."

"You send me out to the villages and the cities to bring these women to you, so you can use them for one night. This has become a routine. I assume you are in need of the perfect woman. These women are not doing it for you, my king."

"I have heard enough, Set." Justin chuckled, waving him off.  Set smiled, cursing his arm. "When you do find that woman, I must warn you, she will become dangerous. More powerful, than you."

"A woman? More powerful than me? Set, so. Or insult me."

Set could not contain his laughter. Justin looked at him slightly confused. "A woman who has a hold on the king is more powerful than the king himself. Her hands will sooth you and her body will control you. She will bring trouble to your mind, heart, and soul. Be careful my lord." Set tilted his head to the side.