19

Justin

"My lord." I heard a masculine voice say behind me. I furrowed my eyes but ignored it, continuing to watch other villagers trade their valuables.

Then, the voice came again. A familiar voice I knew I've heard before.

"My lord."

I was sure this time, the voice was addressing me. I was sure. I turned my head, narrowing my eyes at each individual that could have known me. My eyes fell upon a face that caught my attention. I stared at this man longer than I should have. The longer I kept my eyes on him,  the more I couldn't believe my eyes!

"K-kafele...is this you?" I asked gently. With a simple nod and quick smile, Kafele walked closer. Before he could bow his head in respect, I quickly put my hand on his shoulder, stopping him. I looked around us before settling my eyes on him. "Not here. Follow me." I told him firmly.

I walked outside the trade gathering, occasionally looking over my shoulder at Kafele who was following me. I stopped behind the gathering, where there were little to few people walking around.

"I almost could not recognize you without armor." I mumbled, eyeing Kafele who was dressed in common rags. 

Kafele did a slight bow before speaking. "I could say the same for you, my lord." He chuckled.

I furrowed my eyebrows, uncertain and in disbelief that one of my men from the palace was standing here, in front of me. "How did you find me? Why are you here?" I questioned him.

I almost found this setting to be a trap. After what Set told me about Ammon and my very own warriors, I found it hard to trust a single soul. "How do I know I can trust you?" I asked him again.

"Have I ever given you a reason to not trust me, my king?"Kafele questioned me.
I looked in his eyes, determining if I could really trust him or not.
"Why are you here? Why have you come?"

"I've come to collect you, My lord. I have come to take you back to our Land. Ottah has come as well." He answered.

Ottah? Him too?

"How did the two of you know of my existence in this land?" I crossed my arms.
"The last trading day, I had spotted you. It was by chance. No, it had been the gods work." Kafele said nodding his head.

Ottah and Kafele had both come for me, when I expected it to be Set. My eyes lit up. "Set? Has he come for me too? Where is Set?" I asked Kafele.

Kafele's smile fell, causing me to narrow my eyes. "What, what is it?" I asked him.

"Pharaoh...Set...he is no longer with us."

My heart immediately sunk into my stomach.
"Set? No..." I said wanting to believe this news was untrue.
"Yes, my lord." Kafele hung his head, his arms behind his back.

The pain I felt of my very friend swarmed me and moments passed in silence.

"And...and my people? How are my people?"

Kafele shook his head.  "We are doing poorly without you. Ammon has changed the lives of all of us. We all pray that you return to us soon my lord."