20

The next morning

Fatima furrowed her eyebrows at me and I bit my bottom lip in anticipation.

"You are using magic on your husband?" She asked me in disbelief. I shut my eyes tight as I felt regret even telling her this in the first place. Fatima is the only person in this village I told my personal conflicts to. She was my mother when mine passed away and I go to her for everything. I felt like I could trust her with my secret.

Lately I've been feeling such guilt about using the magic a lady gave to me to make Justin stay. As much as I felt like I could be losing Justin, a stronger part of me knew that Justin loves me regardless of all things. I've been thinking that maybe it's the love he has for me, making him stay and not the love making with the enchanted oil.

I feel like the magic has done it's part.

"It sounds wicked but, if I don't, he will leave me." I told her defending myself, the insecure part of me revealing itself.  "Why would he leave you?" Fatima asked me, confused.

I bit my lips once more. It wasn't like I could tell her my husband is the pharaoh of Egypt and he had duties to perform over there.

"I shouldn't have spoke of this." I said shaking my head and looking down. This was a mistake. There was not a way she could understand.

"You must stop."
"No, I can't. " the more I thought of my fear of Justin leaving me, made me so confused on what I wanted. "What if he uses magic on you? How would you feel?" Fatima asked me, her voice soft.

I shook my head. "I would not care. He can use whatever kind of magic there is. I'd still love him." I looked elsewhere, stubbornly.

Fatima narrowed her eyes at me. "You sound mad, child. You don't talk like this."

"This was a mistake. " I said under my breath.
"You using that witchcraft is a mistake. It will do more harm than good. Who gave it to you?" She asked me.

I felt my heart sink to my stomach. "No one."
"Julia?"
"I must go." I I left her home quickly. I felt like I was put on fire with all of her questions. I'm Already dealing with so much.

_________________________

That Night

"I have been in my thoughts..." Justin started, rocking his arms around my waist, bringing me closer to his warm body. I smiled looking up at him, placing my hands on his hard chest that I would lay my head on and shower with kisses every night. "Enlighten me." I spoke softly, warning a gentle kiss from him.

"Have you dreamed of being royalty?" He asked me. I tilted my head at his question. "Maybe once when I was younger." I answered my husband. "...But I have not in a long time." I answered again.

Justin smiled wider. "I have imagined us ruling Egypt together." He told me. My hands slid down his chest. "It's so I can serve my people, and have you by my side at the same time. " he added looking down at me.

"I cannot leave Libya." I said quickly.
"All I know is this village. I feel comfort here. I cannot imagine leaving this village."

Justin's face softened. "Would you make the sacrifice of leaving, for me?" He asked me slowly.

I said nothing.

"Julia?" He she'd me, tightening his hold on my waist. I furrowed my eyebrows in frustrations and snapped my head up to look at him.
"You said you are not going back." I told him. I hated when he'd do this.