Snow

"Excuse me miss?" Said a voice and  something shook my shoulder which made me jolt awake and look around for any danger.

"Wheres the fire!" I yelled while the man who woke me up chuckled at me.

"There's no fire," the old man said who looked at me with a kind smile.

"Then why," I say looking at my watch, "-am I being woken up at seven in the morning?" I ask frowning as I look around the train to see it almost empty.

"This is the last stop. You need to hop off," he said pointing to the display lights in the bus that clearly wrote 'last stop.'

"Uh, thanks."

I grabbed my suitcase and went over to the already open doors, and stepped out. However what I didn't expect was for my feet to sink into snow.

"What the hell?" I grumbled as I tried to walk forward, but my skinny legs won't allow it.

Groaning, I slumped down and sat on my suitcase as I tried to think of something to do. Looking around I caught a street sign that read 'North- the element of water- Wolf Committee.'

And indeed were they right. The whole place was covered in wet snow. Sighing I lifted my hand to touch the pure white snow, however the snow from beneath my hand lifted up with it.

Snatching my hand back I looked around to see if anyone saw while I had a look of shock on my face.

"What the.." I whispered as I slowly lifted my hand up a hundred thoughts raced my mind but nothing happened this time.

I could've sworn it was me but then again it could've been the wind... Or something else, right?

Forgetting my crazy thoughts I caught a figure from the corner of my eye and saw a boy with a sleigh.

"Hey!" I yelled at him. The boy looked left and right for the source of my voice and once he spotted me he took cautious steps towards me. After what felt like forever he stood in front of me.

His light blond hair was tucked in a brown beanie while a few of the strands sticked out. He wore a large hunting jacket with long matching boots.

"Can I help you?" He asked his voice still cautious as he looked at me and back at my suitcase.

"I need to get to the Werewolf committee...do you know were it is?" I asked tucking my hair behind my ear as it flew widely in the wind.

"The Wolf committee?" He asked and I nodded, "-why do you need to go there?" He asked squinting his eyes as he looked at me suspiciously.

I lifted my hands up in mock surrender as I took steps back.

"Down boy! I was chosen for a scholarship and got shipped here," I said looking down at the snow and pointing at it with my hands.

"I'm heading there now," he said a little less cautious, "- want a ride?" He asked pointing at his sleigh that stood a few feet away.

"Yes please," I answered with a grateful smile. Sure, he was a stranger but I wasn't going to pass of an offer like that! Plus he was more cautious of me than I was of him.

We walked over to the sledge, -ever so slowly- and he sat at the front while I sat behind him with suitcase in hand.

We started going downhill at a slow pace since the hill wasn't tilted down much.

"Why didn't you trust me?" I ask him curiously.

"Didn't? Who says I do now?" He said rudely and I shut my mouth looking ahead.

Sighing he says, "Sorry. Its just that we've had so many other wolves attack that, we don't know who to trust." He says quietly and I nod my head in understanding even though he couldn't see.

"Wait-you live there?" I ask him and he nods.

"Yeah. I go to school there and my family lives there," he says and continues controlling the slay.

"I didn't get your name," he says as the sleigh starts to speed up.

"It's Elina. Yours?"

"Tom," he says simply.

And just like that the sleigh goes down in incredible speed. I yelp in surprise and clutch onto Toms shoulders tightly while he laughs at my reaction.

Once its over he gets of the sleigh and helps me off. The snow here is only a few centimetres high and I can walk again.

"I'm never doing that again."

Regaining myself after that life threatening situation I finally had the decency to look up and that sight that was upon me left me speechless.

I was officially standing in front of the Werewolf Committee and it wasn't just any ordinary building. No, it was huge, like a massive castle with people buzzing around.

It went up very high, maybe a hundred meters up into the sky and it was made out of what looked like some sort of pavement. It had beautiful designs and foreign words written around it.

"Can you say wow?" I say my mouth gaping open like a fish.

Tom looked at me weirdly and back at the building.

"Its nothing fancy. Kind of boring if you ask me," he says shrugging his shoulders as he starts walking up the many stairs.

"Its nothing fancy? Are you crazy! Look at this place!" I said running up the stairs, past him and tilting my head up to see the endless height of the tall double doors.

He just watched me with a smile as he shook his heads and open that tall doors. We entered inside and all I saw was white.

Pure shiny white. Exactly in contrast with the snow outside, it was beautiful.

"I'll take you to one of the Alphas, come," he said gesturing me forward.

"An Alpha? An actual Alpha! Oh my, if only Lily was here!" I gushed but Tom wasn't paying attention to my rant as he led me through many halls.

"Go on in. I'll take your things," he said pointing to the door and walking away.

I looked at his now empty spot with my mouth open wide. This is the second time today someone just dumped me somewhere with no idea of what to do!

Taking a deep breath I took small steps towards the door and balled my hand into a fist before knocking onto the door.

"Come in."

* * * * *