Flirting

Edited by a sleepless, slightly unconscious mind.

Both Tate and I walked hand in hand to the infirmary. Arriving at the closed door, I glanced at Tate who gave the door a gentle knock before walking in with me in tow.

Tom laid in the uncomfortable looking bed, his slow steady breaths visible by the rise and fall of his chest.

"Is he asleep?" I whispered to Tate who leaned down to give me my answer but the now wide awake Tom bet him to it.

"Yeah, no thanks to you," Tom said grumbling as he sat up.

"What? I was whispering!" I said in disbelief.

Tate chuckled and circled an arm around my waist as he pulled me closer to his body.

"He was just kidding," Tate said with his head next to my ear, his breath fanning over my neck.

"It wasn't very funny," I said with a small pout and Tate grinned placing his lips on mine for a second before pulling back, his grin wider.

Tom let out a cough and I blushed slightly leaning away from Tate which made him tighten his grip around my waist.

"You know, I could leave. Give you guys a moment or two," he said sounding more than happy to get out of bed as he threw the blanket off of him.

"Nice try Thomas. Get back in that bed," Tate said narrowing his eyes at Tom.

Tom froze with one leg on the floor and the other in the bed groaning in annoyance.

"But-"

"Now."

Tom sighed but nether less, placed himself back on the bed closing his eyes slightly.

"Yes Alpha," he said, sounding like a little child getting scold out. At the thought of child, I thought of Eddie and realized I haven't spoken to the little kid in awhile.

"Don't werewolves heal quickly?" I asked tilting my head up towards Tate as I looked at him in confusion.

"They do," he said with a nod, "but, Thomas got hurt by an Elemental," he said with a pause.

"Its different."

I nodded my head and then glanced at Tom. He stared down at his lap and I watched him clench and unclench his jaw.

"Tom, about Duncan, I-" I began but he lifted his hand up slightly as if to silence me.

"No disrespect Luna, but please don't say you're sorry," he said with a frown.

I looked at him and suppressed the urge to roll my eyes at him. No one likes to hear those words and I already knew that.

"I was actually going to say, I can't believe he turned out to be such a di-" I said but a hand was clamped over my mouth.

"I don't want to hear such words come out of that pretty little mouth of yours," Tate said removing his hand from over my mouth and I rolled my eyes at him.

Instead of being flattered by his words like a normal girl would I snorted at him and gave him a pointed look.

"Says the one who said fu-" I once again began but again Tate's hand was clasped over my mouth.

"Really Elina? Again?" He said giving me a frown.

Hypocrite.

"Like I said earlier. I could leave you two, too your flirting and make this a whole lot easier," Tom said slightly lifting his blankets and Tate shot him a blunt look.

"But Tom," I said in a sing song voice, "We can't have you walking around sick!" I said with a big smile and he looked at me weirdly.

"The beta must be in good condition to be a good role model right?" I said and watched as the confused look on Tom's face slowly disappeared and a look of shock appeared.

"Me?" He asked and looked over at Tate.

"But why? I mean, after my brother.." He trailed off, unsure, and Tate's gaze hardened.

"You're not your brother," he simply said but Tom still looked a little unconvinced.

"What about Colin?" He asked and Tate let out a low chuckle the vibrations making me shudder slightly.

"His not interested in pack business," he said and Tom nodded, a smile gracing his face.

"Then I better get some rest right?" He said with a big smile and looked really happy I was taken aback.

Tate and I bid him farewell and we left the infirmary. Walking through the building we walked in silence until we reached his office. Walking in I immediately walked over to his long sofa and laid down on it shutting my eyes.

"Tired?" He asked softly sitting on the edge, a lock of my dark hair, twirled around his finger.

"After today? Yeah," I said with a yawn and my eyelids felt heavy.

"I need a shower," I groaned and sat up ready to leave but Tate stopped me as he stood in front of me grabbing my waist.

"Can I join? We could save water?" He said in a teasing voice and gasped hitting his chest.

"I didn't know you were that type of guy," I said and Tate didn't say anything to deny it as he swooped down and kissed my lips, his hands tightening around my waist.

"So about that shower. What do you say?" He said in a low tone and his eyes darkened.

I smirked at him as I slowly raised my arm.

"Sure," I replied and Tate looked at me surprised and I laughed at him. Motioning my palm upwards I let water pour out of it towards the ceiling and let it fall on us.

I tilted my head back and laughed looking at Tate's face. He brought up his hand to my cheek and slightly caressed it as droplets of water dripped down his chin that had a little stubble on it, reminding me of how attractive it made him look.

"Wow Elina," Tate said dryly, "-your creativity level amazes me."