Weitzel

I stared down at the limp body in shock. My mouth was open ajar and my eyes were as wide as saucers.

"How is that possible?" I gasped as the earth Elemental leaned back up and looked over at me.

"There is plenty of water in the human body. You tell me," he said with a small grin while I stared at him in shock.

He was standing near a dead body and was seriously grinning at me?

Tate stepped forward and wrapped his arms around me, pulling me back into his chest as he gave the earth Elemental a skeptical look.

"Why are you here?" Tate asked calmly as he shielded me away from Ryan's body.

"Me? Would you believe me if I said Elementals attract one another?" the earth Elemental stated with an eyebrow raised.

I glanced up at Tate with a confused look that we both seemed to share.

The earth Elemental rolled his eyes and sighed as he looked at our questioning gaze.

"Basically, all the Elementals will eventually meet in their life time. Think of it as natures force," he said with a shrug.

I sighed and my shoulders sagged. This mean't that we still had the air Elemental to meet. 

Great. Lets just hope he or she doesn't turn out like Ryan.

"You know this how?" Tate asked curiously, his stance on alert as he held me tightly in his arms.

"I'm a middle aged man. I've lived longer and done my research," he replied with a friendly smile.

To be honest he seemed quite healthy for a middle aged man. He had dark brown hair and bright green eyes. Wrinkles were near his eyes, suggesting he smiled a lot in the past.

"Do you need a place to stay?" I blurted out without thinking and the man raised an eyebrow at me.

"Elina.."

I felt Tate squeeze my arm in warning but I ignored it. I felt like I could trust the man and he had saved our lives.

Surely that's a good enough reason.

"How kind of you too offer," he said looking directly at me with a smile and then his gaze wondered to Tate's.

His smile only widened and he let out a small chuckle looking directly at Tate.

"Though, I'll pass."

I glanced at Tate who stared at the earth Elemental with narrowed eyes. I glared at Tate and slapped his chest making his gaze slowly drift to mine.

"No really. We do stay in the Werewolf Committee and there's plenty of room," I insisted with a toothy smile.

The man glanced between Tate and I with an amused look. Finally he looked back at me and nodded his head.

"Great!" I bellowed and Tate let out a sigh, as I put my hand into his and began walking, the earth Elemental trailing behind us.

"I just killed a person," I stated with a pause as the situation came crushing down onto me like a ton of bricks.

"-and here I am inviting visitors for tea," I muttered the last part with sarcasm.

I felt bad for not feeling bad. Though its not like Ryan didn't deserve it right?

"There's tea?" the Elemental perked up as he glanced at us.

"I'll deal with the body," Tate reassured, ignoring our comments, as he urged me to walk. Tate wrapped his arm around my shoulders and pulled me close to his side and I sighed in bliss.

"Make sure you don't burn the body," the earth Elemental warned from behind and Tate snorted.

"If only you knew," I whispered and glanced at Tate who gave me a knowing look.

We finally made it back to the committee and immediately walked in. We made our way to Tate's office. Tate opened the door and I was taken aback by the sudden noise.

"Where the hell have you been?" Colin yelled as he narrowed his eyes at Tate and roughly pushed his chest.

"I try mind linking you and you block me out? What the hell son?" Colin barked and concern was evident in his eyes making me feel a little guilty.

Tate ignored him and shrugged him off as he walked around to his desk. Both Dale and Tom stood in the room with their arms crossed over their chest.

"Brother? Care to explain?" Dale asked in an impatient tone as he looked at Tate expectantly.

"No," Tate replied gruffly.

"The fire Elementals dead," a voice chimed in.

I looked up, surprised to see the earth Elemental. I felt slightly guilty as I had completely forgot he was in the room.

Tom cleared his throat at the obvious intruder. Everyone stared at him in confusion.

"You brought home a new friend?" Colin asked slowly as he lifted the cup in his hand to his mouth, his eyes not leaving the Elemental.

"Wait-Ryan's dead?" Tom blurted out as he looked at us in shock.

"Oh man! Did we miss out on the action?" Dale whined as he slumped onto the sofa looking cross.

"Water Elemental over here, drained him of both water and blood," The earth Elemental said as he nodded his head at me with an impressed expression.

"Drained?" Dale gulped, "-remind me never to go onto your bad side," he mumbled and took a step back.

"But I thought you only controlled water? How could you possibly do that?" Tom stated in a confused tone as he looked at me with furrowed eyebrows. 

I looked at him with a clueless expression, shrugging my shoulders. If only I knew. What I did back there scared myself and I did not want to be the next Katara any time soon. 

I could deal with my unnatural Percy Jackson powers but making people choke on water and blood?

That's a big no no.

"No one answered me. Who is this guy?" Colin asked as he tilted his cup in the direction of the earth Elemental. He seemed uninterested in what Tom was saying and more curious on who the earth Elemental was.

"He's the earth Elemental," Tate said in a casual tone making it sound like he was talking about the weather. He motioned me over and I didn't object, as I shuffle my way over to him.

Tate pulled me down onto his lap and wrapped his arms around me. That's when I noticed he was still shirtless and his bare chest was pressed against my back making my throat go dry. 

Oh boy.

"You're an Elemental too?" Dale asked in shock as he stared at the earth Elemental with his mouth open wide.

"I am indeed," he replied smoothly and flashed Dale a confident smile.

"Say," Colin mumbled as he gave the man a cautious look, "-we didn't catch your name."

"My apologies," He replied, glancing around at us, "-My name is Joseph," he pressed with a pause.

"-Joseph Weitzel." 

- -

- -

- -

- -

- -

- -

- -

- -