Confused

I visibly froze and my mouth opened on its own accord. I felt Tate tense and his arms tighten around me.

"Weitzel?" Dale repeated as he scratched his head, "-why does that sound so familiar?"

Even in my shocked state I couldn't help but roll my eyes at his stupidity.

"Stupid," Colin mumbled reading my thoughts exactly as he tilted his head back and drowned down his beverage.

"Is there a problem?"Joseph asked as he glanced at our shocked states in confusion.

I climbed off of Tate's lap and I slowly walked around the desk my eyes never leaving Josephs.

Could we be related?

I mean it was possible. I grew up in foster care and never knew who my real parents or family were. I didn't let it bother me so I never brought it up.

"My name is Elina," I spoke and Joseph looked over at me, "-Weitzel."

This time it was his turn to be shocked. He looked at me for a second and realization flashed in his eyes.

Not even a second later I was tightly embraced in his arms. I stood there with my arms limply to my sides in complete confusion.

I heard a growl and I was ripped away from Joseph and Tate stood in front of me as he glared at Joseph.

"What the hell!" Tate yelled as he pushed me onto his side growling uncontrollably.

I ignored Tate and moved away from him to stand in front of Joseph.

"Do you know me?" I asked the middle aged man and a gentle smile reached his lips as he looked at me in a whole new light.

"Your father is my cousin, of course I do!" he bellowed and I looked at him completely lost.

"Jonathan is going to be ecstatic! I have to-" Suddenly the wide smile on Josephs face disappeared as he looked at me with a frown.

"-but, you died. I mean when Julia gave birth to you, you were.." he trailed of growing more confused by the second.

"Dead?" I gulped and he nodded his head.

"I grew up in foster care," I said shaking my head, "-that's impossible. You must have me mixed up with someone else-"

"No," Joseph cut in shaking his head.

"Jonathan named you Elina before you were born. And you're an Elemental just like me! It all makes sense!" Joseph finished with a wide smile as he looked at me in awe.

The whole room stayed silent, all eyes on me.

"Except," Tate said suddenly from behind me, "-she's alive and didn't die," Tate roughly answered as he wrapped an arm around my waist.

"So you're family?" I blurted out and Joseph looked at me with a sad smile.

"If I am right then yes. I am."

I remained silent after that. Tate ordered everyone out of the room, except Joseph who didn't take his eyes off me.

I sat in the armchair opposite Tate and Joseph sat on the one beside me.

Tate was behind his desk as he looked back and forth from Joseph and I.

"Speak," Tate demanded as he glued his hazel eyes onto Joseph.

"Jonathan may be my cousin but we grew up as brothers. Your mother, Julia," Joseph stopped talking as he gave me a sad smile.

"She died when she gave birth to you. We were told she lost the baby but.." Joseph trailed off as he looked at me in disbelief.

I gave him a tight smile and glanced down at my lap. I fiddled with my fingers and let out a sigh. So my mother was dead. Sure I felt sympathetic but how could I be upset and grieve to a woman I never knew?

"My dad," I whispered looking up at Joseph, "-is he alive?" I asked almost afraid of the answer.

"Yes. I was with him just yesterday!" Joseph exclaimed and I felt myself slightly relax.

I wasn't completely alone.

"I have to tell him. Your father grieved the loss of his wife and daughter every single day," Joseph told me with sad eyes as he looked over at Tate.

"May I call the pack house?" he asked, gesturing to the phone and Tate pushed it towards him.

Joseph pressed numerous digits and then held the phone to his ear. My palms grew sweaty and I glanced at Tate who was already looking back at me.

He must of sensed my mood or seen my anxiousness, because he leaned over and grabbed my hand, placing it into his warm ones as he gave it a squeeze.

"Relax," he murmured and I nodded my head.

"Hello?" Joseph spoke into the receiver and I gripped onto Tate's hand for dear life.

"It's Joseph. Put your Alpha on the phone," Joseph spoke and his eyes found mine as he gave me a gentle look and soft smile.

However when he said Alpha, I glanced at Tate who raised an eyebrow and looked at Joseph.

"Yes?" I heard a gruff voice on the other line, thanks to werewolf hearing and I held my breath.

I immediately blocked out my ability of hearing the other line, afraid of what I would hear.

"You're not going to believe it Jonathan. Elina. She's alive!" Joseph exclaimed in an excited voice.

"I haven't mistaken anyone! She's sitting right here! Jonathan, come and see for yourself," he said and looked at Tate, silently asking for permission.

Tate clenched his jaw and stared back at Joseph. I cleared my throat and Tate's head snapped to mine. I gave him a small nod and Tate sighed as he nodded his head to Joseph.

If I had a father out there I wouldn't mind meeting him. I lived eighteen years without a family so what harm could this possibly do?

"The Werewolf Committee. That's where," Joseph spoke and then with a short bye hung up.

"He'll be here Tomorrow," Joseph whispered and stood up with a sigh.

"I'll leave you two to talk."

Joseph placed his hand on my shoulder and gave it a squeeze. He looked at me in adoration and slowly left the room.

"Well," I said in a shaky tone once Joseph was gone, "-things just keep getting interesting, don't they?" I continued with a small laugh.

Laugh it off for now Elina. But this is anything but funny.

Truth be told I felt confused. My mind was a mess and I felt completely out of control. I didn't know what to do or what to feel.

"Hey," Tate cooed softly as he appeared beside me.

"You're not alone. Don't forget that," he said gently and I stood up so he could embrace me.

"It's all just too much. First I find out I'm an Elemental, then I lose my best friend, then Ryan makes a mess of things!" I bellowed as I tightened my grip on Tate.

"Now my dad. I'm so confused," I groaned. Things were just happening too fast.

"In the end it's going to work out. I promise," Tate vowed and I sighed.

I sure hope so.

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-