Worse

I chewed onto the piece of meat in my mouth so slowly it was almost painful. I glanced up at Tate who glared at Dale who made loud slurping noses while eating his spaghetti.

We were having a family dinner which Roger had demanded we had to have a chance to get along.

Although, even if it was Roger's request, he was out of sight which left Tate, Dale, Eddie and I.

Tate ate in silence, while Dale made noses purposely and Eddie kept glancing at me amused.

Awkward. That was how I'd describe this.

"Hey Tate, can you pass me the salt?" Dale asked looking at Tate, but he just clenched his jaw ignoring his brother.

"-never mind," Dale said with a dramatic sigh. He leaned over Tate while picking up the salt and spun the lid open. I watched confused as he tilted it over letting the salt pour all over Tate's food.

Tate growled and slammed his fists onto the table making me jump while Dale dropped the empty salt jar in fake shock.

"It just slipped out of my hand!" Dale said backing away from Tate who had shot up in his seat ready to attack Dale.

"What are you? Five?" Tate hissed as his hazel eyes burned in anger. As attractive as he looked I let out a low whistle.

"Dale? Is it alright if you fetch me a cup of water?" I asked sweetly as I gave him my best smile.

He looked at me and tilted his head. Tate's head snapped to mine and he began shaking.

"Elina, what are you doing?" he said lowly.

"What?" I said innocently, "My throats really dry," I said gulping as if to prove my point. Eddie giggled at Tate while Dale grinned in triumph.

"Anything for my sweet Luna," Dale said smirking at Tate as he sent me a wink walking over to the sink behind the counter, still giving us a clear view of him.

"You little shit-"

"Tate, sit,"  I said giving him a hard look. He looked at me with dark eyes but sat down, stabbing his fork into the meat.

I glanced at Dale and watched as he got out a cup. He walked over to the tap and flipped it open putting the cup under it to fill it up.

Immediately, I focused onto the tap. I squinted my eyes slightly as I focused my gaze onto the pipe the water came out from.

"I think this dinner went really well," Dale said smiling.

"I mean-,"

Before Dale could speak any further, the tap snapped off and the pipe burst open making jet like water smack against Dale making him yell out in surprise.

The water drenched him as he clamped his hands over the pipe looking the other way to shield his face while water splashed onto him.

"What the hell!" Dale yelled as he growled giving up in covering the pipe as he quickly moved away from it.

Eddie burst out into fits of laughter. He clutched his stomach and squeezed his eyes shut as he tried to breath between his laughter.

Tate cracked a smile and looked at Dale in amusement while I hurriedly stood up out of my chair.

"Oh my God! Are you alright?" I asked in false concern. Dale shot me a look and stood up straight shrugging his shoulders as the water died down.

"Um yeah," he said with a forced smile, "-its just a little bit of water," he said glaring at Tate who smiled widely at him.

It was anything but little. It looked as if he had stepped under the shower head and back out. Droplets of water slid off his clothing and smacked the white tiled floor.

"Sorry brother. I forgot to mention about the poor plumbing here. Must've slip my mind," Tate said with an easy smile as he shrugged his shoulders pulling me against him.

"It's fine," Dale said grinding his teeth together, eyes darkening.

"I'm going out to the forest. Let my wolf blow off some steam," Dale said trying to play it cool but his eyes held fury as he glared at the tap.

"I'm coming too!" Eddie yelled out as he trailed behind out an embarrassed Dale.

Tate looked over at me and opened his mouth to speak but I grabbed Tate's arm and dragged him behind me.

"What are you-"

"Wait for us!" I yelled out as I walked hurriedly to reach up with Dale and Eddie while Tate sighed in defeat and came along.

Stepping out Dale turned his head around to look at us while he walked forward into the woods.

I let water trickle out of the soil and created a puddle of water with mud form, a few meters in front of Dale as he walked.

"I hope none of you ask for a race. I mean I'll win all of you. I'm probably one of the fastest-" the smug look on Dale's face vanished as he stepped into the puddle.

Looking down he let out an outraged growl as he clutched his head tugging onto his hair.

"You have got to be kidding me!" Dale screamed as he backed away from the mud.

"This is so cool!" Eddie whispered from near me as he gave me a knowing look.

I sent him a wink and looked up at Tate who was laughing uncontrollably. The noise was angelic and I was dazed for a few seconds.

"You are unbelievable!" Tate said as his eyes danced in amusement.

I was snapped out of it as Dale groaned in annoyance.

"God, could this get any worse?" He asked to no one in particular as he rubbed his temple with a frustrated sigh.

And just like that.

The sprinklers turned on.

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-