Overcoming temptation like Joseph

Hey friends am so happy for the love and support.I am glad I am able to write my thoughts and share them with such wonderful readers. Thank you everyone who read and voted and gave your valuable comments. It really made my day!
God Bless💜💜

I would today want to deal about the ever increasing sin through the internet..
At some or the other time we all have been into such situations i.e. sexual sin through pornography

The main reason to begin the book with such a taboo topic is because this is the very incident in the life of Joseph that caught my attention and just like it's written in
Daniel 1:8
"We need to resolve not to defile ourselves."

The result is seen in next few verses that the trio was seen to be more intelligent and filled with wisdom about ten times more.

So..... Let's begin!!!!

Joseph was desperate to live a holy life..
This determination lacks in most of our Christian youth in this generation because of the easily available resources of sin. (If you can name a few!? : p)

Am I desperate to live a holy life with Christ and for Christ? Are you willing?
But it is actually God's will for our lives friends if we turn to 1Thes 4:3

Let's learn how to beat sexual temptation like Joseph did in Genesis Chapter 39
We all have a feeling deep inside that I am more holy than others or something of that sort {right?? Well I did a couple of times 😕 }
But I learnt what the Bible says through the life of Isaiah the prophet in 6th chapter of his book that -" We need to look at God!! Not others to declare ourselves holier than some other person"
Our standard of holiness must be God and not fellow believers !

Why do we fall into such sin??
Answer is seen in Ezekiel 16:22
It is when we become ungrateful to God and forget him ,we fall into this sin .

How did Joseph overcome?
Now here is an easy to way to remember this . I've been told this mnemonic or acronym while I was attending a medical Christian camp in CMC Vellore.

J- Journey with the Holy Spirit
O-One small temptation --beat it first
S-Say NO the very first time
E-Explain who you are
P-Parrot God's word
H-Head for exit

1) JOURNEY WITH THE HOLY SPIRIT
In the second verse of chapter 39 of Genesis,we see that the Lord was with Joseph always Being constantly in the presence of God made Joseph say Goodbye to temptation. To overcome we should be connected to God even though we feel like we failed many a times!. (Remember: a righteous man falls seven times yet he rises)
Luke 22:40
Rom 8: 13-14
Gal 5:16
We must walk with and talk to God always !

2)ONE SMALL TEMPTATION
In Gen 39:4-6 we see Joseph faithful and hardworking. He wasn't lazy. He beat the first small temptation of being lazy unlike David as we see in 2Samuel 11 chapter.
David should have beat the temptation of sleep then he wouldn't have seen Bathsheba from the rooftop in the evening when he had to be in the battle field!. Friends I struggle everyday with this temptation called laziness.! And this may lead to various sins especially browsing internet as the empty mind becomes the Devil's workshop. I now regard holidays and weekends as Days to work for God by reading books written by the Christian authors and teaching Sunday school.

3)SAYING NO THE VERY FIRST TIME YOU ARE TEMPTED
Verses 7-8 Joseph's refusal is so clear !
In Daniel 1:8 That NO helped Daniel live a holy life for 69 years. Isn't it astonishing!?!😇

4)EXPLAIN WHO YOU ARE
To whom?
To your own self.
And to the Devil!
In verse 8-9 we see Joseph explaining Potiphar's wife who he was.. he knew that he was but a worker in that house and was strongly trusted by his master. We are chosen to be Shining stars in this crooked generation (Phil2:15)

5)PARROT GOD'S WORD
Psalms 119: 11 here has a realistic active role in our lives :-
JOB 31:1~ To sin with our eyes like watching porn or seeing the opposite sex with lustful eyes
JOHN 9:4 ~ Laziness
AMOS 5:26~ Astrology
PROV 16:18~ Pride or Envy
Remember friends we do not belong to a tribe that ogles nakedness but one that covers it with compassion! Give your old unused clothes to the poor children or you can donate them in an orphanage! We are called to do this good work.

6) RUN
Be pure. 2nd Timothy 2:22 {easy way to remember the verse is putting your hand this way ✌} After Joseph ran he had to face the consequences of suffering followed by long term blessing i.e. suffering ~he went to prison but the Blessing ~ he became the Prime Minister of Egypt !! Isn't that amazing ?!! God's plan is so unimaginable! :)
Who thought a slave would become a Ruler?!

Friends sin deadens us.
Everytime you sin, the Devil damages you and you will be damaged to your call as a Christian.
We are in the process of sanctification and for it we need to read the Bible! Learn a memory verse daily cuz there will be days when the Bible will not be available!

Guys this topic is a touchy one. I still am learning and no ones perfect so please correct me if I am wrong and comment below to discuss any kind of doubts regarding the topic discussed above.
A book by Bro.Zac Poonen from India stresses on such matters for a pure life in every aspect of our life. The book is Sex,love ,marriage -the Christian approach.

Stay Blessed!
Stay Wow!

Shirley 😊