Chapter 5: What a Day!

(Y/N): I have state assessments today and tomorrow, but I will try my hardest to type two chapters today to make up for my absence! Enjoy!

After looking around though my old clothes, I sighed, not coming up with anything.

Man, I would've figured that I'd at least have something-

Just when I had given up, my hands paused at a small, hard lump in the pocket of my ripped shorts. Slowly digging through the pocket, I pulled it out.

What I found was a small, shiny necklace. It had a golden chain with a blue orb in the center. It looked beautiful..

Just like being hit with a brick, one of my memories came back, causing my head to throb in pain.

...

"Here, (Y/N)! I wanted you to have this!"

"Really? What is it?"

"It's a necklace my grandma gave me! Do you like it?"

"Yes, but..why are you giving it to me?"

"Because I know that if anything happened to me, you'll take care of it, and keep it safe for me! I trust you!"

"...Th-Thank you, Rei!"

...

That memory..

Rei was my best friend when I was 7. She passed away in a bad car accident shortly after she gave me the necklace. I've kept it ever since.

I clutched the necklace to my heart and started crying. How could I forget?

I continued crying for a few minutes until I heard footsteps behind me, causing me to whip my head around in that direction. I sighed in relief, seeing that it was only Sonic.

"(Y/N)? Are you okay?"

I nodded, wiping away my tears. "Yes, I'm okay.. I just..I found something.."

His eyes widened, "You did? What did you find?" He walked closer toward me, making me slightly paranoid.

"I found a necklace..it was something an old friend of mine gave me.." I smiled sweetly at him, "But, hey, progress, right?"

He smiled back at me, still a hint of worry in his eyes, giving me a thumbs up. "Yeah! That's a start!"

I giggled softly at him, putting the necklace around my neck.