Chapter 6: Out in the Water

Your POV

About a week later, Chris's parents insisted that he goes on a cruise. For some reason, they're not going with him. I only know this because his parents don't know that he's hiding hedgehogs in the mansion, so I hid in a nearby closet. Their excuse was 'They had business to take care of'.

We were currently on the cruise ship, and I loved it! Feeling the wind caress my face and hearing the ocean breeze. The ship was super big, and there were a bunch of humans on it! They didn't seem to mind the fact that there were hedgehogs on the ship.

I was having fun with Amy, Cream, Cheese, Tails, and Chris, but there was a small problem.

I couldn't find Sonic.

Since he was nowhere to be seen, I decided to ask Chris if he's seen him.

"U-Um," I stuttered, "Chris?"

He turned around to face me. "Yeah?"

"Do you know where Sonic is?"

"..Eh?" He started looking around for a few seconds before scratching the back of his head in confusion. "Now that you mention it, I don't really know where he is! We should gather the others and go look for him!"

I smiled with determination. "Yeah!"

After gathering the others, and a few minutes of searching, we all started to give up when..

Tails yelled, "Found him!"

We all gathered over to where Tails stood. And, as expected, Sonic was laying on a bench with his back facing us and his elbow propped against the arm of the bench, holding his head up. Tails, Amy, Cream, and Chris started giggling while I tilted my head to the side. Is there something I don't know?

Tails must've noticed my confusion, because he turned to me and said, "Sonic doesn't like water!"

Chris chimed in, "Yeah, he hates it!"

Amy added, "You could even say he's afraid of it! And he can't swim!"

I nodded my head in understanding, followed by a long, "Ooooohhh.."

Sonic apparently didn't like the comments because he slowly turned his head in our direction with the most annoyed look I've ever seen him make. Still, it caused me to giggle. He quickly turned his head back around to hide the small, pink blush that tinted his muzzle.

"I am not AFRAID of water. I just don't associate with it."

I playfully rolled my eyes, "Oh, suuuuuure."

After that, everyone got back to playing on the ship, including me. We left Sonic alone, which was kind of a mistake. He kept trying to dart off the boat and back to shore, getting farther and father each time. He never actually made it, though. I would giggle at his attempts from time to time. I don't understand exactly how he got out of the water each time. He eventually resulted to begging everyone to take him back home. Well, he begged Chris and Tails to take him home, and he begged me, Cream, and Amy to beg Chris and Tails to take him home. He figured that since we were girls, we could get away with almost anything.

Funny thing was, Cream and I almost let him get away with it. Amy wasn't having it, though.

First, he started with Cream.

"Pleeeeeeeease? Please please please ask Tails to take me home? Pleeease?"

Cream smiled sweetly, "Awwwww! Okay-"

Amy quickly covered her mouth, sending a small glare in Sonic's direction. "No bribing!"

Sonic sighed. Then, his next option was me.

"(Y/N)! Can you pleeeeeeeeease ask Chris to take me home? I'll give you a cookie! I'll let you go with me on my next mission!"

I gasped, "Really?! You will?!"

He smiled, "Of course!"

"O-Okay! I'll go-"

"SONIC!" Amy covered my mouth, "I said no bribing!"

"Amy, please! I'm going insane here!"

She shook her head.

Apparently, after he realized that we weren't going to do anything, he finally resulted to..

.. What was it called again? Flirting? I think that's what Amy called it.

Since Cream was too young, Sonic tried it on Amy and I. Of course, this time, we both fell for it, but after we figured out what he was trying to do, we ended up not asking. I did panic and almost got a nosebleed from it, though.

The cruise lasted about 3 days before we went back to the mansion. Sonic was the first off the ship, kissing the concrete repeatedly. I laughed.

After getting settled back in the mansion, we all decided to head to the beach for a bit. The warm sand was my favorite part. I enjoyed burying myself in it. Cream, Tails, Chris, and Cheese splashed around in the ocean water while Amy tanned under a small umbrella in the sun. I didn't have a swimsuit, so I borrowed one of Amy's.

It was a black two-piece with red and pink polka dots. I don't exactly like the pink and I don't see how Amy would wear black. I just assumed that's why she let me use it.

Sonic, as expected, decided to stay in the mansion. Amy was a little upset, because she was hoping for a date or something like that. When she puts it like that, I was kind of thankful that Sonic didn't come.

Tails eventually came over to me and started helping me build a sand castle. I had fun laughing and talking to him. The sand castle wasn't entirely successful, but it was still fun trying.

When it got dark, we all went back to the mansion with towels. After playing in the sand for hours, I went and joined in the water with Cream and Cheese.

It was funny, because when we all came back, Sonic and Ella were making dinner in the kitchen. Not knowing how to hold the towel right, I just held it against my chest. Except...

Clumsiness got the best of me.

(What a coincidence, (Y/N). XD)

I tripped, on air, and dropped the towel, revealing my swimsuit. The swimsuit that I ironically felt uncomfortable being in around Sonic.

When we made eye contact, my face heated up, and you'd swear that Sonic had a slight trail of blood coming from his nose.

Amy must've secretly raged with jealousy because she quickly pulled me off the floor, plastering a fake worried look on her face.

"Oh my gosh! (Y/N), are you okay?!"

I nodded, "Yes, I'm fine!" Before I grabbed the towel off the floor and covered myself, darting as fast as I could upstairs.

Why am I acting like this? I don't understand these emotions..