Chapter 8: Amy's Jealousy

Third Person's POV

...

"AAH!! (Y/N), WAIT!!"

"I'M SO SORRY, ELLA! I JUST WANTED TO HELP!"

You were currently trying to help Ella make breakfast for everyone, but.. You forgot to put the lid on the blender, and you were getting pancake batter all over the place. So, the kitchen is a mess.

You and Ella were both splattered with batter, orange juice, and egg shells.

Sonic was the first one down the stairs with the most alarmed expression on his face that you've ever seen. Then down came Amy, Tails, Chris, Cream, and Cheese, tiredly rubbing their eyes.

Sonic asked, panicked, "What?! What's wrong?!"

Then he paused and took a look at the kitchen. You groaned in embarrassment and covered your face with your bangs. Sonic just started laughing, followed by the other four. You felt like you wanted to break down in tears.

Amy asked between laughs, "What the heck happened down here?!"

Ella smiled her usual, happy smile. "We somewhat forgot a few steps! Don't you worry! We'll have this place cleaned up in no time! Right, (Y/N)?"

You looked up at her and quickly wiped your eyes before the tears threatened to fall. Then you smiled back at her, "Sure! Of course!"

Chris suggested, "Why don't we all pitch in and clean? It'd be a lot faster! And we can all help with breakfast, too!"

Cream asked, "Can't we eat out again, Mr. Chris?"

Chris thought about it for a second before nodding and smiling, "Sure! Why not? After we clean this mess up, we can go to IHOP! How's that sound?" Cream smiled, "Okay!"

By the time you all turned around and began getting to work, the kitchen was completely spotless. You all wore poker faces, except Tails.

Ella pouted, "Sonic! We were supposed to do that together!"

Sonic chucked nervously, "Sorry, Ella!"

You giggled. Sonic glanced at you and gave you a warm smile, causing you to blush slightly. Amy was secretly raging with jealousy. So, as usual, she did what she could to keep you away from Sonic.

She grabbed your hand, "(Y/N), you should go get ready! You need to jump in the shower, too! Look at you! You have pancake batter all in your hair!" She tugged you up the stairs and to your room. Tails knew that she was jealous of you when nobody else did. He decided not to say anything about it, though. And, he's been noticing the looks Sonic's been giving you lately, but he's decided not to mention that, either. Tails was very intelligent for his age, so he could easily catch these hints while everybody else didn't. He just chuckled to himself.

After taking a shower, you checked the weather for today on the news. Reading that it'd be 87° outside, you changed into a (F/C) tank top with blue shorts and (F/C) tennis shoes. You put your hair up into a (H/L) ponytail.

As soon as you came downstairs, Amy was on your heels.

"(Y/N), we need to go shopping and fill up your wardrobe!"

You beamed, "Oh! I was going to ask about that! I wanted to-"

"Oh, you look so pretty!" She began touching all over your hair, making you feel slightly paranoid.

"U-Um..thank-"

"You look like you could be Shadow's little sister!"

This set you off. Your smile instantly faded and was replaced with a disturbed look.

"...Excuse me?"

She smiled innocently, "You do! You look like a female version of Shadow! Except you're red and black, and he's black and red! And you don't have stripes like he does! The black just hovers at the ends of your hair! Still similar, though! You two almost look-"

"Stop!"

She flinched slightly.

You already had tears streaming down your face. "...Why are you teasing me?"

Then, she smiled again, except her smile was a lot less innocent-looking. Almost evil.

"Because I want you to stay away from Sonic. Can you do that for me?"

You gave her a confused look, "..Stay away from Sonic? W-Why..?"

"Because! He's mine, and you can't have him!"

Your confusion instantly turned to shock, and your face flushed slightly. "What are you talking about..? Amy, we're just friends... A-And..I thought I was your friend.."

"Awww! (Y/N), you thought wrong! Stay away from Sonic, or else. Okay?"

Tears were streaming down your face all over again. You nodded. She plastered her fake, innocent smile back on before walking away.

Apparently, what she didn't know was that Cream saw the whole thing. When she was sure that Amy left, she ran over to you with Cheese right on her heels. "Mrs. (Y/N)! Are you okay?"

You rapidly shook your head. Cream sighed. "Should I tell Mr. Sonic?"

You shook your head again, wiping away the tears. "I'd rather you not do that.. But thank you.." She gave you a worried look, but you just smiled at her. She began to walk away, but you called her name.

"Hey..Cream?"

She turned around, "Yes?"

"...Do I really look like Shadow?"

She stared at you for a bit before shaking her head. "I don't think so. Even if you did look like Mr. Shadow, you're way nicer than him, so it's okay! Mrs. Amy was just being mean!" She smiled at you. You smiled back. She held your hand, "Please don't be sad, Mrs. (Y/N)! I don't think Mr. Sonic would like that very much!"

You blushed darkly, causing her to giggle slightly. You giggled with her, then nodded.

"Yeah, you're right! Being sad won't solve anything! And I'm not going to stay away from Sonic just because she told me to! Thank you for your encouragement, Cream!" You gave her a big hug. She giggled again, and Cheese smiled. "Chao!"

You still had that bow you made for her hidden. You were planing on giving that to her next time you guys went to the beach.

With that, you guys carried on with your day. You went out to eat, went shopping for new clothes, and went back to the amusement park. To actually play this time. For some reason, you sensed a Chaos Emerald nearby, so you ended up wandering outside of the amusement park while nobody was looking.

You walked around a bit until you eventually ended up in an alley. There was a blue glow coming from the sewer. You tilted your head in confusion and began slowly walking towards it.

You kept walking towards it until something popped out of it, causing you to shriek and fall back.

Or, more like, someone.