Chapter 9: Introducing Rouge and Knuckles

Your POV

I shrieked and flung myself back, landing on my bottom. The thing/person emerged from the sewer with a turquoise Chaos Emerald in its hand. Whatever it was appeared to be a female.

"Ah, finally! I've found you, my lovely jewel! The fact that I went into the sewer for you-" she looked at me and shrieked. I shrieked back, scooting farther away from her.

She held her hand to her chest, breathing heavily. "Hon, you almost gave me a heart attack! Are you okay?"

I yelled, "Who are you?! What are you?!"

She smiled warmly at me, "I'm Rouge the Bat! The greatest treasure hunter in the world! I'm even better than that dreadful echidna!"

Echidna? What is this lady even talking about?!

"How about you?"

I stuttered, "U-Um..I'm (Y/N) the Hedgehog.."

Rouge giggled, "You remind me of a friend of mine-"

"I do not look like Shadow," I snapped. Seriously, why does everyone keep thinking that?

She looked at me up and down. "Oh, so you're the sassy type? I can handle that! Say, do you happen to have any of the Chaos Emeralds with you?"

That's none of your business!

At least, that's what I wanted to say, but I had to keep my cool. As much as this lady was secretly driving me nuts. I decided to play completely clueless.

I tilted my head to the side innocently, "Chaos Emeralds? What's that?"

She gave me a poker face. "...Do you really not know?"

I shook my head. She sighed.

"Hon, this is a Chaos Emerald!" She held up the turquoise emerald to my face.

"There's six more of these that I must find so I can go back to my home planet. I currently work for the president, and as a treasure hunter, it is my duty to-"

"Could you put a hold on that thought? I have to go meet up with someone, so, I'll...I'll catch up with you later!"

With that, I quickly ran off. I have to tell Sonic and the others! And quick!

I ran back to the amusement park, where I find everyone searching for me. The first one to tackle me in a hug was Cream, crying in my chest.

"Mrs. (Y/N)!! I was so worried about you!"

I smiled at her nervously, "I'm so sorry, Cream! I got a bit lost!"

The next to nearly tackle me to the ground was Amy. Although I know who she really is, she knows that she has to keep up her good-girl act. Thankfully, Cream quickly moved out of the way before she could be tackled, too.

"Oh, (Y/N)! Where were you?! I missed you so much!"

This time, I smiled sadly, knowing that she's only pretending to be my friend. "Y-Yeah.."

Third was Sonic. He gave me the best hug out of all of them. It was one of those cuddly, non-tackling hugs that caused my face to heat up intensely.

He buried his head in my shoulder, which made me hyperventilate a little. He said softly, "Don't ever run off like that again. Okay?"

I nodded. I didn't think that Sonic, of all people, would be this worried about me..