아픔보다 더

youngchoi:
it was uncool of me to bring up your ex
i realise now that that was insensitive
sorry

gaybum:
it's fine really

youngchoi:
i'm not making a very good impression on you
am i

gaybum:
it's okay
you know what

Jaebum's fingers froze over his phone. He knew what he was about to send was stupid and impulsive, but he knew he wanted to carry through with it. Jackson canceled their plans of staying at home and relaxing due to an emergency at work, leaving Jaebum with a completely empty schedule. He just wanted to get out. Yeah, that's what it was.

youngchoi:
what

gaybum:
make it up to me
meet me at papa tuan's and buy me lunch

youngchoi:
wait
seriously

gaybum:
what time works for you

youngchoi:
twenty minutes?

gaybum:
sure
see you there

As Jaebum put his phone down and he scrambled to get his stuff together, he couldn't deny that he was nervous. Butterflies were fluttering in his stomach to the point where he wanted to throw up. He was slightly worried he would die during his trip out—whether that be because of Youngjae or some other spontaneous, catastrophic event—and he wasn't quite ready to die. But he knew it was too late to take back what he said and he couldn't just leave Youngjae to wait for him. He wasn't an asshole.

When he got to Papa Tuan's, there was a boy who was most definitely Youngjae waiting in front of the entrance. Jaebum didn't know how he knew—he just had a feeling. Something about the boy's eye smile and pink sweatshirt just screamed Youngjae. The boy looked like he didn't have a care in the world while Jaebum was standing there, trying not to punch the nervous feeling out of his gut.

"Hey, Jaebum."