만약에

"Youngjae!" Mark shouted. A look of pleasant surprise was evident on Mark's face as he engulfed Youngjae with a hug. "I didn't know you were coming."

"Jaebum is a friend, of course I'd visit." Youngjae wiggled his way out of Mark's embrace and walked over to Jaebum's bed. "Hi, Jae."

"Hi." Jaebum suddenly felt insecure of himself, afraid that Youngjae would think badly of him if he saw his arm. He tried to turn his arm inwards and hide it, but Youngjae noticed.

"Don't tell me..." Youngjae grabbed Jaebum's hand and turned his arm so his wrist was facing upwards. Even though he wasn't able to see through the bandages, he could tell.

"It's a long story," Jaebum mumbled.

"Enlighten me. I'll listen," Youngjae encouraged, his voice gentle and tempting.

"This is a recurring problem, it seems," Mark cut in, his poor attempt at a joke making Youngjae even more concerned.

"This has happened before?"

"Yeah, back when," Jaebum's voice broke, somewhat afraid to continue, "back when Jinyoung broke up with me."

"What... what happened back then?" Youngjae grew nervous under the uneasy looks the three people in front of him shared. Especially Mark, since Mark was both Youngjae's boyfriend and a good friend of Jinyoung.

"It's not that he did anything terrible, it's just that I've never been in the best mental state-"

Then something in Jackson snapped.

"Don't you fucking dare say that Jinyoung didn't do something terrible," Jackson growled. "He was your whole damn world and he knew that, but he still had the nerve to cheat on you."

"You're the one that he cheated on Jaebum with," Mark pointed out, his eyes becoming narrow slits that burned holes into Jackson.

"You think I don't know that? I know fucking well that it was my fault. My stupid, impulsive decisions always hurt someone else. Every time..." And suddenly all his anger was replaced with overwhelming sadness. Jackson was suddenly crying and his breathing had sped up, and all Jaebum could do was pull his friend into a hug.

"I'm sorry for bringing anything up," Youngjae whispered. Jaebum wanted to be able to comfort Youngjae as well, since he hated seeing anything other than a smile on his crush's face, but he was preoccupied with Jackson. Even if he had decided to reach over to reassure Youngjae he was fine, Mark would have gotten there first, judging by how quickly Mark rushed to his boyfriend's side.

"It's not your fault. We're just still kind of sensitive over it." Jaebum could hear Mark and Youngjae's conversation, even though they were whispering. He just pretended that he didn't hear them as he continued in attempting to calm Jackson down.

"I've never really heard you guys talking about him. If it's such a big deal, then why have I never heard Jinyoung bring it up?"

"I hate to talk badly of Jinyoung, but Jackson is right. He didn't care about Jaebum's feelings from the start, so it's not like he'd suddenly start caring now. It's just another unimportant event to Jinyoung." At Mark's words, Jaebum internally felt like he his mental wounds from Jinyoung had reopened. All he could do was shove them away to deal with later.

"Are you sure it's our Jinyoung we're talking about? The sweet and loving Jinyoung that once took a beating for our baby Yugyeom?" And then Jaebum felt worse. Who was that guy Jinyoung supposedly took a beating for? What made that guy so much more special than Jaebum, the boy Jinyoung once gave a black eye to. Most importantly, why did Jaebum still care?

"I'm certain. There's no way it's not him." Jaebum waited with anticipation for Youngjae's answer.

"Maybe there's something wrong with Jaebum, then."