영재는

"How have you been, Jaebum?" Mrs. Hong asked. She stared at Jaebum with her signature therapist gaze; her smile was trying to tell him to be comfortable and that she cared, but her eyes held a cold emptiness that negated her friendliness.

"It's been okay." Jaebum shrugged and looked at the shelf behind her. He was creeped out, as he was during every other therapy session.

"He's not just saying that, right?" She looked over at Jackson who seemed to be hesitating.

"I mean... He's been fine, but, as of recently, he barely leaves the house. He's been working on his songs nonstop—and that's not a bad thing—I'm just worried he's been keeping to himself too much."

"Is that so, Jaebum?" Mrs. Hong stared down at Jaebum, only to be met with a slight eye roll.

"Yeah. I just never really realised it since I'm always so busy."

"Well, I don't think it'd be all that terrible to get out once in awhile."

"Yeah, sure," Jaebum sighed. He forgot how much he hated Mrs. Hong. It wasn't that he hated therapy; rather, he hated Mrs. Hong as a therapist. Jaebum always imagined that she'd be a great gym teacher or something.

"What's wrong with you today, Jaebum?" Jackson pinched Jaebum's leg, sending him an annoyed glance. Mrs. Hong watched the two boys in silence.

"By any chance, has something happened, Jaebum? Something—perhaps—involving Jinyoung?" She had a smug look on her face that made Jaebum want to vomit. Her smile told him that she knew she was right, and Jaebum hated how that was technically not wrong.

"No, nothing happened," Jaebum lied. Youngjae knew Jinyoung by association and, quite honestly, a lot of old feelings resurfaced when Youngjae mentioned him. But that thought was drowned out in satisfaction when Mrs. Hong's smile fell from her face.

"I just thought I'd ask. Then is there any reason you've been acting this way?"

"He's been on his phone a lot. I think he's texting someone. I just don't know who," Jackson suggested. Jaebum gave him a glare, but Jackson just sent back a loathing smile.

"I see. Who is it that you've been texting?" Mrs. Hong's fake smile returned to her face.

"Just a mutual friend." Before Mrs. Hong could say more, Jackson leaned towards Jaebum like he was reaching for a tissue behind the couch they were sitting on. Jaebum knew Jackson wanted to whisper something and Jaebum couldn't avoid whatever it was Jackson had to say without Mrs. Hong noticing.

"I highly doubt he's just a friend."