보고 싶지 않아.

"So, are you guys coming with me to work? It's been awhile. My parents miss you two," Mark asked, gathering his belongings into his arms.

"Sure. I think we could both use a day out," Jackson responded, sending a nervous glance at the fake sleeping Jaebum. Under a pile of blankets, a Jaebum was peeking at his two friends, neither of them aware he had woken up five minutes ago.

"I still can't believe he relapsed. What happened?" Mark's tone was caring and somewhat sad, leaving Jaebum with a heavy feeling of guilt.

"I'm not entirely sure. I just know that he's been acting weird since he started talking to this guy." Jaebum watched as Jackson hesitated. "I think you know the guy Jaebum's been talking to."

"Really? What's his name?"

"Youngjae." Mark froze in his spot and Jaebum could see that Mark's mind was racing.

"Youngjae," Mark repeated slowly. "I... Yeah, I know him."

"Has he ever talked about Jaebum?" Jackson was holding back the frown on his face—Jaebum could tell that Jackson's smile didn't reach his eyes.

"No, he hasn't." A pang of sadness prodded Jaebum's gut. "But to be fair, I haven't talked about either of you guys. We just don't really talk about our friends much."

"I see."

And Jaebum could sense that he and Jackson were thinking the same thing: did they meaning nothing to them?

~

"I didn't tell you guys earlier, but I've been seeing someone," Mark announced. A fake look of surprise showed on Jaebum and Jackson's faces. "And I want him to meet you guys. He's on his way right now."

"Give us some background. Tell us about how you two met." Jackson used his excited best friend voice in an effort to get Mark excited, and Mark fell for it.

"A friend of ours set us up," Mark answered, simply. With a frown, Jaebum leaned towards Jackson, making sure Mark was facing away from them.

"By friend he means Jinyoung," Jaebum whispered. Jackson's face now held genuine shock.

"He still talks to Jinyoung?"

"Apparently." Jackson was about to respond, but the sound of the restaurant door opening had all three of them frozen.

"Hey, Youngjae!" Mark greeted. He eagerly grabbed Youngjae by the arm and brought him over to the table Jackson and Jaebum were sitting at. "These are my best friends, Jackson and Jaebum."

"Nice to see you again, Youngjae," Jaebum mumbled. He couldn't bring himself to look at Youngjae, so he acted like wrapping silverware in napkins took a lot of concentration.

"You two have met before?" The jealousy in Mark's voice was evident to everyone.

"You were our waiter, remember?" Youngjae pointed out, kindly. Mark seemed to be thinking very hard trying to recall what Youngjae was talking about.

"Oh. I remember now." Mark had an embarrassed flush over his cheeks.

"You don't need to be so jealous. I haven't even known him that long." Youngjae meant to whisper to Mark, but Jaebum could hear him clearly. Jackson must have been able to hear too, since he slung an arm around Jaebum's shoulders.

"I'm ready to jump out the window right now. You coming with?"

"Gladly."