Chapter 2 -- Home Bittersweet Home

Elanora walks down the street, her backpack slung over shoulder and her head up as she walks towards the High School. She pauses hearing a rustle behind her, and she stops to look around and sees no one there. "Hello?" She asks aloud, and hears a whoosh behind her and whirls around her ponytail whipping her cheek but she doesn't care.

She swallows hard, and hears a crackling behind her and whirls around and gasps seeing a blonde woman behind her. 

"What the hell? You scared me half to death!" She says clutching in her heart slightly over dramatic way, and breathes a sigh of relief.

Before she knows it, Elanora is being pinned up against a tree the bark scratching her bare shoulders and legs. She claws at the woman's hand, and grabs her wrist trying to pry her hand off. "Let me go!" She screams in protest.

The lady laughs and smirks at her. "Well Elena, it sure did take you long enough to return back to Mystic Falls. Sixteen years to be exact. I've been waiting sixteen years to finally kill you." The lady sneers, and Ela shakes her head and blinks rapidly.

Pure fear and terror washes over her, and she struggles against her grip. "No-No, you have the wrong person! I'm not Elena!" She yells at her, and gasps for air.

"Oh please, you probably changed it by now. Smart. Well, not really. You're always going to be Elena Gilbert." She sneers, and tightens her grip on Ela's throat, causing the girl's eyes to widen and dig her nails into her hand.

"Please.. I'm not.. Elena. I'm... Ela-nora. Please don't..." She chokes out tears stinging her eyes, threatening to flow over.

Something clicks in the girl's head, and she tightens her grip even more. "No way... It's-It's not possible. It's too soon. Doppelgangers only exist once every century!" She pauses and then smirks evilly. "Hmm.. She will be very pleased." The girl says slightly shocked, and releases her grip on Ela's throat.

Gasping for air, Ela grabs her throat and rubs it slightly. "What... What the hell are you talking about?" Ela demands, but when she looks up the girl is gone. She wastes no time, and turns and darts down the street to her school. 

She runs inside the building and breezes past the students into the bathroom, locking herself inside a stall.

She drops down on the toilet lid, and runs her hands through her brown hair. This is... Insane! What is a Doppelganger? Who is that girl and 'she'? God this is so weird. She thinks to herself, and hears a knocking on her stall door, and her doe brown eyes widen in fear.

"Elanora Isobel Montgomery! Why are you hiding in some damn stall? WE are going to be late for class." The familiar stern, yet soft tone echos through the bathroom. E

Ela breathes a sigh of relief and opens the stall door. She smiles at her and hugs her impulsively. "Oh my god, I was so scared." She mumbles and releases her, taking a few deep breathes. She walks over to the sink and wipes her smudged make-up.

"Hey, it's okay. What's wrong El's?" Tera asks her worriedly, her bright green eyes showing signs of pure worry.

After a moment of silence Elanora turns around staring at her best friend. "Tera, do you remember last year when you told me that you were dabbling in Witchcraft?"

"Well, yeah but you never believed me. Which I forgave you for by the way, because I'm an awesome best friend. Anyway, what about it?" She asks and leans against a closed stall.

"Okay, I think I'm in trouble and I need your help." She responds, in a hushed tone of voice.

"Okay, tell me everything." Tera demands, and Ela takes a deep breath and nods deeply. "Tell me everything you know about Doppelgangers and Elena Gilbert."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Elena, Damon, Caroline, Jeremy, Tyler, and Bonnie step out of there cab and look at the huge Salvatore boarding house/Mansion. 

"Well, I'm going home and I'll catch up with you guys later. Care, you want to come?" Tyler asks his girlfriend, Caroline Forbes. The two had just gotten back together after a huge fight, and they still weren't 'back together' fully.

Caroline glances at Elena and Bonnie, before smiling and nodding. "Sure, I'd love to come." She says, and after bidding goodbye to her friends the two leave.

Damon rolls his eyes and walks up to the front door and swings it open striding inside. A perky brunette scampers up to him and smiles. 

"Hi Dam-" But before she continue, Damon grabs her shoulder and stares into her eyes, his pupils expanding and pulling back in as he compels her.

"Thank you for your loyal service, but you are no longer needed here. Forget everything that you have learned since you arrived. You were on a cruise and ship-wrecked, you're just now returning home." He states firmly and the girl nods before leaving.

Elena looks at her puzzled, and walks up to Damon. "Um Damon, who was that? Or do I even want to know?" She asks him, and shakes her head slightly.

"Eh, just someone I compelled to clean up the house and take care of it while I was away. Now, let's go over some rules. You are not allowed to leave the house without me or your little hunter brother. Okay?" He responds sternly. E

Elena rolls her eyes and kisses him softly. "Mmhm. Now, I have to go unpack. Try not to kill or pick a fight with anyone while I'm gone. Okay?" She says, and disappears in a blur.

Bonnie laughs and walks inside with Jeremy. "Damon, where should Jer and I sleep? Preferably a whole floor away from you and Elena." She says and blinks her green eyes.

Damon pretends to dwell on the thought, and then gasps as if a thought has just occurred to him. "Ha! I know! You can sleep in the cellar with the other kids." He says sarcastically and rolls his eyes as he walks over to his bourbon and pours a glass.

"C'mon, don't be a bigger jerk than you already all." Jeremy says and glares at his sister's boyfriend. He never liked him, and doesn't trust him and probably never will.

"Fine! You can sleep in Stefan's room." Damon says, and and shrugs nonchalantly. At the mention of Stefan, the room falls quiet.

No one has seen him for over sixteen years, ever since Elena chose his brother over him. Stefan had left town with Katherine, and no one has heard or seen from his since then.

Bonnie nods and sighs, "Fine. C'mon Jer, you can help me unpack." She says biting her lip, and they smile at each other before walking upstairs.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: That's a wrap for this chapter! Remember to vote, comment, and add!