Chapter 19 -- Hells Highway

A/N: Same day it left off from :) It's night time now.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sitting nervously I glance around at the empty bridge and streets, wishing that I had been able to pick the time and place. My gut is telling me to pull out, drive away, and forget all about everything and just keep driving until I reach Oklahoma. Or better yet, Alaska. Yeah, no one would go looking for me Alaska! All dressed up in a snow suit, mask over my face 24/7, no one would ever know what I look like. Get a tattoo, die my hair, change my name, and wallah! New identity!

After waiting an hour since the time we were supposed to meet, I start up the car when a tap-tap on the window makes me look up. There she is, standing across the street at her car staring back at me intensely. 

"Get out." She says to me loudly, and swallowing hard I climb out of the car - trying to look strong.

We meet in the middle of the street, and she sighs looking me up and down. "Huh, you don't look bad. I see those vampires are rubbing off on you. What would your mom say if she could see you right now?" A cold smile flickers over her face, and an instant lump hits my throat.

"I don't know, you had your men kill her before I could even ask her. Why did you do that Tera? Why are you doing any of this? The Tera that I knew wouldn't be this cold hearted!" My voice is cold and sad at the same time.

"The Tera that you know is gone! And she knew what was going to happen to her from day one, she was always in on it. The only problem with her is that she was to humane, and got way to attached to you." She scoffs, and looks up at me with cold, dead eyes.

I must of had a confused look on my face, because her next comment is more of a surprised and toying one.

"Oh, what? Mommy dearest didn't tell you? Didn't you ever wonder why you look nothing like your mom or even your dad? Why your entire family is practically identical, but your the only one that looks the way you do? You stick out like a sore thumb Elanora, and you want to know why?" She advanced forwards, and I back up instinctively.

My mind is reeling with family photos and questions that my mom avoided, my entire childhood, the fact that my entire family has red hair... That my dads side is blonde and blue eyed. It's not like I never questioned it, but I always thought it was some kind of freak accident that I ended up the way I did. Denial sets in quickly. "No! No, I-I know why already. Nature made me a Doppelganger, it was just a freak accident that I ended up with two parents whom I look nothing like."

Tera smirks and continues to force me to back up until my back hits the side of the bridge, and tears sting my eyes. "No darling, its not a freak accident. Nature can only go so far, but genetics are key. They can't snap there precious little fingers and make you look like whomever and whatever they want. They still have to play by the rules of science." She has a taunting tone in her voice on her face, like she's enjoying this so much more then she should be.

Looking at her, I shove her backwards. "Enough! You have managed to ruin my life in less then two weeks, and I refuse to let it continue on any longer. I'm fighting back Tera, and I'm not going to let you win. So shut up!" Pure rage and anger floods through me, and I can feel a burning sensation in my stomach and veins that I never felt before. Pure power.

She looks taken aback for a split second, before she pushes me against the wall with her magic. "You don't make the rules Elanora, I do! I make the plans, the rules, the whole damn game is mine! And I'm not going to let you, some worthless, arrogant, nobody, Doppelganger ruin that for me. My entire life centers around this, and you will fulfill the prophecy if I don't do something about it." Anger seeps out of her, and I struggle against her hold.