Chapter 18 -- Dark Clouds

A/N: This picks up the same day where the last chapter left off :)

She's the first

She's the last

The Beginning and the End

No matter what comes in the way

As long as she lives, no sun will ray

Confined in the same tight circle

The last will be the strongest 

And will bring

"And will bring what? Where's the rest of it, Elanora?" Sara asks, turning it over and looking at it closer. 

Shaking my head, I sit on the edge of the stone wall in a neighboring town of Mystic Falls. "I don't know, that's all that she put under the flowerpot. Doesn't that sound like it should be a song? Sorry, my brain is everywhere today..." I say, letting my voice trail off.

Sara sighs, and sits beside me, her eyes scanning the paper. "No offense, but, why would you trust me with this? You just met me like, an hour ago when you came bursting into my mom's shop... This is crazy, you haven't even told me the full story, and I'm starting to think that you never will." She says, staring at me with those slightly judgmental eyes.

"Look, like I said before - I'm desperate. What do you know about the Sakute coven, and there beliefs? I think they might be after me - or a version of them anyway." Looking up at her, her face clouds over and she instantly jumps up and grabs her bag, before thrusting the letter at me.

"I-I have to go, forget about me, and forget about this. If the Sakute coven wants you dead, they will succeed. Just, stay away from me!" She says quickly, and runs off. 

"Wait! Wait, please, come back! Sara!" I scream, and run after her, but she's already gone. Tucking my hair behind both my ears, I curse under my breath before heading back to my stuff. Grabbing my bag, I put the letter and other things into it, before zipping it up. 

Sighing, I pull out my phone from my back jeans pocket, and hit the call button on my phone. After a few rings, she picks up.

"Hello?" She asks, and I breathe a sigh of relief.

"Katherine, finally! I've been calling you all day, and texting you to. Where are you? I need to talk to you, like now!" I say looking around as I walk down the bridge towards the bus. 

"I know, I got all of them. Sorry, but I've been a bit busy hunting down a witch coven that doesn't want to be found. I've been in contact with a very judgy shaman, who told me what I already know; Sakute coven is bad, run for the hills, and rituals and all that stuff." 

"I know all of that. Look, I found this girl who knows a lot about this kind of stuff. But as soon as I mentioned the Sakute coven, she ran off. Muttering about if they want me dead they will succeed. We have to get more out of her, or else this is going to be really bad. You need to get back to Mystic Falls, now!" I say, my voice rising slightly.

"I'm starting to panic... I found this prophecy letter thing, that is really not making any sense, and on-top of that I don't know who I can - and can't - trust, and since your gone this whole thing is starting to get to me, and call me paranoid - but I think someone's following me!" I ramble on in one breath. 

"Listen up, honey. Your the one not making any bit of sense. Take a breath, and suck it up. Because right now, we don't need you panicking. I'm trying to get in touch with an old friend, and then I'll be right back up. Hang in there, and stay out of the streets." Then, a dial tone goes in my ear.