Chapter 11 -- Right in front of you~

Dear Mom,

I know your about to leave to run off with your boyfriend, and I am happy for you. So much has happened though, and I need to leave for a while. Don't call the police and freak out like you always do, I'm fine. Honestly, I'm with a friend and she's promised to keep me safe. Trust me, she' s not like my other friends. You are my mother, and if you really love that guy I'll accept him to, and I hope that you have a great time. Your the best person I've ever met, and I love you so much. 

Goodbye mom, I love you.

Ela

I take a deep breath, tears in my eyes as I place it on my bed along with a picture of my and her at the summer festival. Quickly wiping a tear off my cheekbone, I turn around and look at my identical doppelganger. 

"Okay, I'm ready. A corny note, a bag full of clothes, and my stuff from the bathroom.. I still don't see how this is going to get back at them for what they did." Katherine sighs, and stands up from my blue dip chair.

"Okay, they'll think I've manipulated you and tricked you into coming with me. They'll freak out, and at the brink of everything they'll come running straight to where they think I'd be. That's when the plan kicks in." Smirking, she hands me my bag and opens up the french doors leading to the deck. 

"Let's go, your mom will be home soon." Nodding I take one last glance around my room, before heading towards her and she picks me up and jumps over the edge. 

We land much softer then I thought we would, and she all but drops me. Taking in a deep breath, I follow her to her car and climb in. "Okay, where are we going again? Sorry, you only barely briefed me on the plan." She rolls her eyes handing me a map, and I realize it's a map of a few houses in Mystic Falls. Connected, they make an arrow head.

"Wait, hold on a second.. This house here, burned down 16 years ago," Pointing to the address 2104 Maple Street "And that one.. That's the Salvatore boarding house, the other one I don't recognize but this.. This is my house!" Glancing over at Katherine I notice a twitch in her features.

"Good job, your not as dumb as Elena. You've upgraded. The house you don't recognize, that's where were going. Oh, and it's not exactly a house anymore it was abandoned temporarily by a woman named Isobel. Your.. Ancestor." She stomps on the gas and we drive in silence for a while.

I look up from the map. "Why are you doing this for me? You just met me, I mean, I know that you hate them but your supposed to hate me to. Its fate." I start chuckling at how stupid that sounds.

"Because, your not Elena. Elena's a whiny, bitchy, know-it-all, that ruined my chance of being with Stefan. She toyed with both Salvatore's, ruined my chance of being free of Klaus, got me tortured, and locked in a tomb. Your more like me. You like things happening right away, and you don't settle for anything less the what you want. Your not a slut like Elena." She sighs and glances over at me, and I raise one eyebrow.

"Wow, and I thought my life was complicated.. Wait, Klaus.. Why have I heard that name before?" 

"I don't know, and neither do I care. As long as he stays within 6000 miles from me, were good. Ah, here we are. Home sweet home." She pulls into the driveway of a large, dirty white mansion with overgrown plants and ivy crawling up and down the walls. 

Silently we both climb out of the car, and she slides a key into the doorknob but the door creaks open.. Katherine motions to stay quiet, and behind her. Nodding, I watch in awe as she pulls out a dagger from her ankle boot, twirling it she walks in silently. 

Quickly licking my lips, I follow her attempting to be as quiet. But with every step the board creak, and each time Katherine glares at me. A quick shadow moves from upstairs, and she narrows her eyes jumping straight up and onto the balcony over looking the foyer. 

The sound of gushing wind echo's through the halls, and a body is thrown over the balcony. Screaming, I jump back before realizing it's Katherine. "Katherine!" The attacker jumps down and pins her against the wall hissing loudly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Elena's POV

Pacing back forth, and running my hand through my dark brown hair, I glance over at Damon and Stefan. It was good to see them together, but on the other hand the awkwardness in the room was overwhelming.

"Elena! Stop pacing, your giving me a headache." Caroline groans, and I pause before sitting down.

"Okay, okay. I'm just freaking out. Katherine has Ela, we need to stop her. Where would they go?" Glancing around at my friends, Stefan shakes his head.

"Don't know.. She didn't say anything when she dropped me off at the graveyard." 

"Graveyard? Nevermind, this is Katherine she's unpredictable, wild, and a real bitch." Care says, and picks up her drink of bourbon downing it with one swig.

"Hey! Easy there blondie." Damon says, and she rolls her eyes.

"I've got relationship problems, Matt was supposed to call me hours ago, Tyler isn't picking up the phone, and now the next doppelganger is missing. Oh, and did I mention the girl that turned me is back in town? A little stressed." She says, and we all glance at her as she down another glass easily. 

I sigh, shaking my head before pulling out my phone. "I'm calling her, if she's still breathing someone should answer." Biting my lip nervously, it goes straight into voicemail. "Voicemail.. That's not good."

Hanging up and tossing it aside, Stefan stands up grabbing his jacket. "Stefan, where are you going?" When I stand up he looks over at me, as he puts it on. "Look Elena, I know Ela means a lot to you, but I'm done with you Petrova's. Sorry, it's not my problem." He heads out, and I follow him closely. 

"Not your problem? Did you forget that Elanora is a human, and that she's important to us?" My voice raises slightly, and he sighs turing around.

"No, she's important to you. Not me." His green eyes show nothing, and he opens the door slamming it shut on the way out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey! I know it's been a while, but it's been strange with my life. On the story, I've got big plans so thank you to those who stuck with me and the book. Currently, I'm looking for someone who can make a book trailer for this story. Message me for details. Thanks! XOXO HM