Chapter 15 -- My Cold Body

I stare at my house, glancing over at Katherine she nods and I walk up the stairs opening the door. Taking in a deep breath, I walk through the house avoiding the kitchen at all costs. I hear a crunch, and I look down to the sources of the sound.

A tear slides down my cheek as I pick up a picture of my mother and I at her birthday party last Summer; we were so happy. Touching the shattered glass, I turn it upside down letting the glass fall to the ground and shatter into a million more pieces, before removing the picture and putting it in my back pocket.

Taking a deep breath and letting it out again, I walk towards the kitchen when I see a necklace on the ground. Picking it up, and examining it's gold chain and weird symbol hanging from it, I recognize it almost instantly.

It was my mom's boyfriend's, he was supposed to stop by today... Before they went on there trip. My eyes cloud over, and turning around I storm outside, breezing past Katherine and pulling out my phone dialing the number. 

Katherine stands up, and follows me. "What? You found something important and don't tell me about it? I thought we were a team, Ela!" She demands, and I hold up one finger as he answers the phone.

The deep voice turning my body cold, and loud music is blasting in the background. "Yello?" He says, and I clench my jaw before taking a deep breath.

"Hi. Your my mom's boyfriend, right?" I demand, and he shouts for someone to turn down the music before turning back to me.

"Um, uh.. Alex's daughter right? Ala?" 

Rolling my eyes, I wonder what my mom ever saw in this idiot. "It's Elanora to you." My voice is cold, and he sighs again.

"Right, sorry. Look um, uh, I'm a bit busy right now can we talk later?" He asks and clears his throat. 

"Oh, I'm sorry to tear you away from your sluts and beers, but my mom is dead!" Katherine looks over at me, and raises one eyebrow but I shake my head at her. 

"Wow... Oh my god, what happened? I'll never be able to cancel that flight..." He mumbles the last part, but I hear him as clear as day. Pure anger washes over me, and tighten my grip on his necklace.

"Shut up bastard!! I've had it up to here with your attitude already, and all you care about is your stupid flight and money! I found your necklace at the scene of the crime, and I swear to god if you are connected to this murder... I'll rip out your tongue and shove it so far down your throat that-" But I can't respond because Katherine snatches the phone away from me.

"That you'll regret every second of your measly life. Just so you know, I'm not taking the back seat." She then hangs up and hands the phone to me. "Your welcome."

Glaring at her I take my phone back, and pocket it. "I was perfectly fine thank you very much! Great, my whole house is destroyed, and my best friend is dead. I officially have no place to stay." I say leaving the house, and I can see Stefan staring at me. 

"What, Stefan? Do you want to say something? Or are you just enjoying staring at me because I'm an Elena and Katherine look alike?" My voice is harder then I wanted it to be, and I glance over at Katherine.

She purses her lips annoyingly, and looks over at Damon. "Well, she can't exactly stay at my house. It's not safe from vampires yet, she'll have to stay with you." She says with a smirk, and Elena sighs.

"Fine, she can sleep in the back room. It's the biggest unused guest room. Come on, I'll drive you." Elena says, and I can see the annoyance in her eyes.

Putting on a fake smile, I walk over to her car and climb into the passenger side. Once we start driving, I send her a look and she returns it. 

"Look, I'm not happy about this either. I'd much rather be riding with Katherine, considering your the bitch and not her. But, I've had enough grief to last me a year so I'm willing to suck it up until my house gets fixed. Okay?"