[04] LUCAS FRIAR

YOU AND LUCAS HAD GOTTEN INTO A FIGHT over a small, petty issue, but nonetheless, it was still your guys first fight and the both of you felt feelings of anger towards each other that neither of you had ever felt before

YOU AND LUCAS HAD GOTTEN INTO A FIGHT over a small, petty issue, but nonetheless, it was still your guys first fight and the both of you felt feelings of anger towards each other that neither of you had ever felt before. you knew it was stupid. you knew that it could have easily been resolved had the two of you had smaller egos and much less pride. but you didn't. he didn't. so this stupid fight dragged on for the next two weeks, consisting of neither of you guys speaking to each other.

saturday was the homecoming dance and you had assumed you and lucas were going together since the two of you were a couple, but ever since that fight, you weren't so sure anymore. you loved him. he loved you. but you were both so damn prideful to let go of the silly argument that neither of you apologized or asked the other to go to the homecoming dance. 

but on the friday before homecoming, during your free block, you realize how petty the two of you have been acting and decide to put an end to it, once and for all. you employ the help of your best friend to assist you in making an "i'm sorry/will you go to homecoming with me?" poster for lucas, hoping that both of you guys can put the fight in the past. 

you wait for school to finally be over and run to your locker to grab the poster. lucas has basketball practice in the gym after school so you quickly make your way to the gym, hoping that you're not too late and the coach won't kick you out. you bust through the doors of gym, catching the attention of everyone inside.

"lucas i'm sorry! i don't want to fight anymore!" the blonde boy stares at you with an incredulous, yet loving, gaze and realizes how lucky he is. the basketball coach rolls his eyes but allows the two of you to have your moment. 

"did you make this for me?" your boyfriend asks, as he walks closer to you. the green eyed boy laughs and shakes his head as he looks at your poster.

I'M SORRY FOR HORSING AROUND. WILL YOU BE MY MANE SQUEEZE TO HOMECOMING?

"do you like it?" you ask, tentative and hopeful. lucas looks at you with his beautiful, bright green eyes and you knew the answer to the question immediately.

"i love you y/n. there was no doubt in my mind that i would have been your mane squeeze at homecoming." 

luecas, xx