[02] FARKLE MINKUS

SEEING THE one you love the most with someone else is always hard because love was never easy

farkle minkus never knew he loved you until you had walked through the door of topanga's, holding lucas friar's hand with a bright smile on your face. you had a light blush on your cheeks, and farkle had looked up from his phone, heart dropping a little at the sight of your hands.

you scanned the small café, smile getting bigger when your eyes landed on him. "hey, farkley," you said. "what are you doing here?"

"i'm just, um," he stammered, eyes not leaving the intertwined hands. lucas had smiled at farkle, not knowing his best friend loved the girl he was now dating. "just, you know, waiting for riley. we have a project together, and stuff. yeah, stuff. what about you? what are you doing here with freak face?"

you rolled your eyes playfully, the smile never leaving your lips. "well, i'm on my official first date with cowboy over here. we're dating now!"

"oh," farkle mumbled. and that's when he felt his heart drop. "that's- thats great, guys!" the minkus boy was never great at lying, and you could just hear the fake enthusiasm play over and over in your head like a song. "i'm really happy for you guys."

there it was again. the lies.

you nodded your head slowly, hands slowly slipping out of lucas'. you stared at farkle for a while, trying to figure out why he didn't seem happy. "okay," you nodded again, pressing your lips together before grabbing lucas' hand again, dragging him towards a table. "okay."

and that was the day farkle minkus felt empty for the first time in his life.

[ a/n ]
part 2? because idk. i might write a part 2 cause dang, i love breaking my own heart and torturing it :)

written by
-voidargcnt