[09] LUCAS FRIAR

YOU WERE STARING AT THE HARDWOOD FLOOR trying to focus on anything besides the pair of piercing green eyes you knew were fixated on you

the two of you had gotten into fights before but it was never this bad. you had never raised your voice at him like that and lucas had never been this quiet during an argument. it scared you. you wanted him to scream or yell or punch a wall, anything, but he stood so still.

"lucas..." you looked up for the first time in what felt like five hours and instantly felt regret and pain surging through your body.

"i think we need to break up. i don't think either one of us can go on like this."

they were small moments that led up to you telling him your decision. you kept secrets from him. he kept secrets from you. you said things you wished you could take back. he said things he wished he could take back. nothing felt right anymore and you knew the two of you couldn't go on.

"y/n, i love you. don't... please don't do this."

you slowly inched closer to him, grabbing his hands in yours. they would always feel like home.

"i love you lucas. i don't know if i'll ever stop loving you, but we can't do this anymore. we can't keep hurting each other like this. love shouldn't be this painful all the time. i think we need to do this. go be happy lucas, it's all i've ever wanted for you."

you never imagined putting up a "for sale" sign. but sometimes people need to leave. and it didn't mean you would never stop loving your home, it just meant that it was time to move on.

luecas , xx

AUTHOR'S NOTE: oh hello ! wow it's been a hoot and a half since i've been on this account/written anything gmw related, so that explains why this imagine is shitty af (i apologize). i've been trying to figure stuff out in my own life but since it is officially 2018 (!!) i was like i need to start writing again !!

happy new years, cheers to my first story of 2018, and here's to many more stories to follow