[10] LUCAS FRIAR

HE WAS THE POPULAR GUY

HE WAS THE POPULAR GUY. The cool kid. The person everyone wanted to be friends with. The boy whose name was on everyone's lips.

You, on the other hand, were the girl who kept to herself. You liked having a smaller group of friends. You didn't mind that not everyone knew who you were. You kept your head down and just tried to survive high school.

It must've been fate's attempt at bad humor when she paired the two of you together for a chemistry lab.

"I'm Lucas Friar." The blonde boy stuck out his hand to shake.

"I know," you said quietly, hopeful that he didn't hear.

When you diverted your attention away from the microscope and to him, your prayers were answered as his hand was still waiting to be shook.

You carefully shook his hand, feeling his callous palm but strangely smooth fingertips.

"I'm y/n." Lucas smiled at you and even you had to admit that you weren't immune to his charismatic personality and boyish charm. He was a very good looking human which made him even more intimidating to you. Hot people were scary. Plus they traveled in packs so if you accidentally pissed off the Lucas Friar, you could already foresee the hell that would become your life, created by Lucas Friar and Co.

"What do you like y/n?" The question shocked you. Why was he talking to me? Why did he care about my interests?

"I'm sorry, what?" The green eyed boy gently laughed, finding your shyness adorable.

"I said, what do you like? What are your interests?" He asked the question so casually, as he was pouring a blue liquid from one beaker into another. Any other girl might have fainted at the idea of the Lucas Friar seemingly taking somewhat of an interest in them, but you knew better.

"Look, I don't really know what game you're playing at here but I just want to finish this lab. If you want to shamelessly flirt with some other girl and lead her on, you should ask Mrs. Robinson to switch partners now because I'm not going to do this with you."

For a minute the air between the two of you was silent, but it was quickly broken by Lucas's loud laughter. His reaction only confirmed what you thought about him: nothing but a popular, self absorbed jerk who thought he could get any girl he wanted.

You rolled your eyes and went back to your microscope. You'll just finish the lab by yourself, nothing new.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to laugh so loudly! It's just what you said..." The blonde was having difficulty sounding coherent as he was laughing in between words.

"What? It's the truth? It's too honest?"

When Lucas finally came to, he shook his head, a wide smile still on his face.

"No, far from it actually. Did you think I was flirting with you?"

"I don't know. I guess yeah." You started to feel a little guilty for making such a quick judgment.

"I was just trying to get to know you better since I don't know anything about you. If I was flirting with you, I would've asked you something like 'hey do you like pizza?' or 'how do you feel about arcade games?' to see where I should take you on our first date. I promise that all I'm responsible for is trying to be your friend," Lucas said.

You definitely felt guilty now. Lucas wasn't the superficial guy you made him out to be.

"I– I'm so sorry. I didn't mean... I'm sorry."

"It's all good. But I still do want to get to know you if that's okay." You nodded your head and smiled, tucking a piece of loose hair behind your ear.

"Yeah of course. Ask me anything."

"Do you like pizza or arcade games?"

luecas , xx

AUTHOR'S NOTE: omg hi !! the second story i've written of 2018. i'm writing this story right after i just wrote the story before this one. but tbh i like this one wayyy more.

it's so so cute and playful and i wanted any excuse to use that gif from gm hollyworld bc lucas looks sooo good in that outfit.

if you didn't understand the ending lucas is asking you out on a date basically

asjfkld this story is so cute sorry i'm loving my own story but i'm just really proud of this and it makes me smile and happy and i hope it does the same for you <3