[05] LUCAS FRIAR (PT. 1)

LUCAS finds out from his friends that you left him a note before the two of you broke up, explaining why you made the decision to in the first place

"why didn't she ever give me this?" the blonde asks, desperately searching for an answer none of his friends could give him.

"i don't know man. i don't even think you were supposed to find out about this. there was probably a reason as to why she never gave it to you or told you about it."

my darling lucas,

you are the most beautiful boy i have ever met in my life so believe me when i say that this is the hardest thing i will ever have to write.

there is no doubt in my mind that i love you. nor is there any doubt that i will ever stop loving you. but sometimes, love is not enough.

i know you say that you don't look at other girls and that you don't want them because you love me and you would never hurt me, and while i believe every word you say, i also believe that you deserve something — someone — better than me.

from the beginning, i always knew you deserved more than me. i was surprised you even talked to me, let alone asked me out. you are the person everyone falls in love with, myself included, while i am the person who likes to read books in the park for fun and chase down ice cream trucks just to get a rocket popsicle.

we've always been different, everyone knows that, but when i'm — was — with you, i had never felt so similar to another person. you made me feel like i belonged. you introduced me to your group of friends who probably wondered what the hell you were doing spending your time with someone like me. you loved me and i could never, in any lifetimes, thank you enough for opening my heart to something it would've been closed off to.

you deserve the world lucas. you deserve the world and the universe and all of the galaxies and constellations and moons and planets. you deserve them all. and i'm sorry that i couldn't be the one to give them to you.

find someone new lucas. find someone who can love you and want you and be with you in ways i can only dream of.

i love you and i always will but i think it's time that you and i both realize the dream world we've living in, as it's been pointed out to me many times by a multitude of people.

go find someone new and love her lucas.

sincerely, y/n

the green eyed boy couldn't stop re reading the words you had written for him on that piece of paper. you never intended for him to read it. hell, you didn't even want him to know about it. but he did read it and now he couldn't get it out of his mind.

"why would she write this and not give it to me? or least mention something about it?" lucas's friend shrugged and shook his head, equally as confused as the texan.

"what are you gonna do man?"

"i don't know. but i do know that i love her and despite what she says, we are right for each other. there isn't another person on this planet i could ever love half as much as i love her."

luecas, xx