[01] ZAY BABINEAUX, LUCAS FRIAR

[01] GO AND CONFRONT LITTLE MISS GOSSIP.

[ a/n ]ignore the fact that there are football players around them

[ a/n ]
ignore the fact that there are football players around them. okay, enjoy!

🌎

LUCAS FRIAR had never been more furious with y/n y/l/n, a girl he's had bad blood with since the beginning of middle school when she accidentally spilt her hot chocolate all over him, making him look an even bigger embarrassment than he already was to cory matthews and maya hart.

but today? today was probably the day he would rip her head off.

y/n was the school gossiper. of course, lucas didn't know that when he blew up at her, and ever since then, she had been anonymously calling him out on the littlest things. like him having spinach in between his teeth, or not getting the basketball into the basket.

and lucas didn't know it was her until zay babineaux, his best friend, had accidentally stumbled upon her in the school library, typing away on the computer another article on lucas.

now, that's how zay ended up in the situation. he didn't really see y/n as a threat. in fact, the two were great friends, but zay wasn't going to let y/n tear lucas down.

and then there was y/n, arms crossed across her chest as she leaned against the blue lockers, a smirk of amusement on her face as lucas towered over her, zay next to him, trying to look determined. "friar? may i ask what brings you here, in front of me on a fine monday afternoon?" she asked, tilting her head, feigning innocence.

"fine? yeah, you know, it's totally fine!" lucas exclaimed, catching many of the students' attention. "but apart from the fact that, you know, you're writing pointless, hurtful articles about me."

zay just nodded his head, glancing at his best friend every now and then. y/n on the other hand, pursed her lips as she tried not to laugh at zay's behaviour. "well, i'm sorry? and i'm guessing you want me to shut my whole page down?"

lucas nodded, his face showed determination, but his eyes were practically begging for her to shut it down. but she wasn't, because even thought they were never close, y/n could see through lucas friar's lies.

the two stared at each other for moments, y/n's smirk never leaving her face as she saw lucas crumble slowly. "i can't shut my page down, lukey," she finally answered, shoving past him before sending a wink and walking away.

lucas' jaw dropped, watching as she walked away, head held high as she walked towards the library. "what are you gonna do know, lukey?" zay asked, chuckling at the sound of the nickname.

lucas glared at his friend, a scowl visible on his face. "i don't know. i thought she was gonna say yes!"

zay laughed as he rolled his eyes, shaking his head. "that's y/n  y/l/n, she doesn't give up easily."