[06] LUCAS FRIAR (PT. 2)

LUCAS finds out from his friends that you left him a note before the two of you broke up, explaining why you made the decision to in the first place (CONT

LUCAS finds out from his friends that you left him a note before the two of you broke up, explaining why you made the decision to in the first place (CONT. FROM PT. 1)

the texan spent the entire day trying to find the one girl he had ever truly loved. unfortunately for him, you knew the school much better than he did and found every hiding place possible to avoid him. it was too hard to face him after the break up. you still loved him — you would never stop loving him — but it was for the best and you knew it. 

"dammit zay where the hell is she?" 

"look man, i know you love her and i know you're not in the best headspace right now, but maybe she isn't either. maybe she's making herself hard to find for a reason. or maybe she's not even here today. you need to let this go lucas. you need to give things time." the blonde boy shook his head furiously, lips pursed and hands balled into fists.

"no. i'm not giving up on this. on her. on us. i'm not going to wait around, wasting time, when i could be telling the girl i love how much i need her and how much i miss her. so you can either help me or turn into collateral damage." the dark haired boy nodded and daren't say another word. 

towards the end of the school day lucas felt more and more hopeless as he had yet to see your face wandering through the halls or find your hiding spot. it killed him not knowing where you were and not being near you. when the bell rang, signaling that school was over, he felt like he had lost. not just the quest of finding the most precious person he'd ever encountered. but he felt like he had lost you. 

"come on man, we have to get to baseball practice." the blonde boy sighed in defeat, pondering the idea of giving up. 

on their way to the boy's locker room, lucas heard something that sent him over the edge.

"did you hear y/n and lucas finally broke up?"

"i know! i can't believe it took that long. i'm glad lucas realized he could do a lot better."

"no, she broke up with him. rumor has it some guy on the baseball team talked to her after a practice and said some stuff to her about how she was holding lucas back and needed to break up with him or he'd tell the whole school some horrible secret she was keeping." 

when the two girls finished their gossip session, lucas immediately dragged zay to the locker room, angrily and incoherently explaining what he had heard.

the two boys barged into the locker room and without a doubt lucas knew exactly who he had to deal with.

"lancaster! we need to have a chat you and me." lucas crossed his arms in front of his chest, waiting for the asshole who broke your heart to meet him face to face.

"friar! how you been man? feel like i haven't seen you all day. did you ditch us for some pretty girls? you know they're all over you now that you're back on the market." the green eyed boy stood still, face stoic and impassive. he was beyond pissed. 

"what the hell did you say to y/n?" the cocky baseball player smirked, immediately knowing what lucas was talking about.

"look it wasn't anything none of us, including yourself, weren't aware of already. you were distracted, she was taking up too much of your time. i mean it's pretty obvious what had to happen." the blonde haired boy couldn't control his anger any longer. he took a quick glance at zay, as if asking for permission, to which the blonde boy's best friend nodded. 

lucas took a heavy swing at his teammate's jaw and while he was holding his cheek in pain, the texan took another swing. the two baseball players ended up on the floor of the boys locker room, rolling around, taking turns throwing punches at each other. 

the physical pain wasn't the worst part of the fight. it was the thought that even though he took care of the problem, you still wouldn't want him back and love him the way he did you.

luecas, xx