The Interview (AFI)

"Anything to see if you can irritate your dad," Kammi said.

"Well, what does he expect? He's hiding a meeting from me...asshole," I said mumbling the last part. The door opened to Ty and Eliza walking in with Melissa on their heels

"Oh, I didn't know you wouldn't be dressed," Melissa said as she covered her eyes. Both of us were covered up by towels.

"You're fine," Ty said. "This is how we do our morning meetings that are the four of us." He sat down on the sofa that was in the room with Eliza next to him. They each had their iPad Pros ready to take notes and go over our schedule for the day.

"Okay then," Melissa said as she sat down in one of the chairs in here. Everything was white, it was like this little luxurious piece of heaven in between our offices.

"Okay so there's lunch with James today and other than that your day is pretty chill," Eliza said. "You both have an exec meeting at 6:00 here." She gave both of us a look that exec meeting was code for secret meeting.

"Cameron is flying in from New York for the exec meeting. His flight should land at 2:00," Ty said.

"My Dad is coming today?" Kammi asked. "I had no idea. He normally does these via video chat." She was covering with Melissa why she'd be shocked that her father was in town. I finally decided on what to wear. I pulled a black tight fitting mini skirt and a grey top that was like a dressy t-shirt. I found my black blazer and put them all together. I held it up towards the room of people.

"Feelings?" I asked. I watched as my three best friends tilted their head to the right a bit and then the girls gave a thumbs up. Ty gave a thumbs down. "Okay, Ty, then what am I wearing?" He stood and walked to the closet. He picked out a long sleeved black mini dress and thigh high boots. "I like this. Ladies?" Everyone did the head tilt and followed it with a thumbs up. Without even asking Ty walked to the section of clothes that he wanted to pick from for Kammi's clothing. He pulled a floral midi skirt and an off the shoulder black top that was just barely a crop top based on where the waist of the skirt sat.

"Thank you T," Kammi said. She was now standing in front of the mirror putting moisturizer on her face. I noticed that the coffees we had requested were sitting on each of our vanities. "So do we have any other meetings today?"

"Nope, James and Cameron requested that you both have your focus today to the interview with Melissa until the exec meeting at 6:00. The meeting will be in Everlee's office this week." If I knew my Dad well enough the meeting in my office meant the mystery meeting was with someone involved in music. Had I read rumors of anyone being unhappy with their representation lately? Anything on Twitter or the trades? I couldn't think of anything and my Dad likely knew that I wouldn't be able to guess and that the whole day would be torture because we couldn't try to figure out who the meeting was because of Melissa.

"Fantastic. Where is James taking us for lunch?" Kammi asked.

"That little bistro down a block that you two love."

"Awesome," I said. "Okay if we are done with our daily meeting Melissa can get back to her questions."

"How did you four end up as a team together?" she asked.

"Well, Eliza's mother and my mother were roommates in college and have been best friends since. We grew up a few blocks from each other and have been friends our whole life. We shared an apartment in Chicago when we were in school despite going to different colleges. When I moved out here to take a job at SME full-time there was no one I trusted more the Eliza. She is also an actress so it gave her a chance to be in a city that gave her a great opportunity to pursue her craft."