You're My Home (Billy Joel)

"Evie, are you really going to work the whole drive?" Harry asked. We had been in the car for maybe 20 minutes and I'd been on my iPad reading and replying to emails.

"Umm...no?" I replied. This was the moment I was wishing we'd taken one car instead of Emma driving she and Eliza up separately. Or perhaps just wishing Eliza had decided to ride with us. She decided last night after we had dinner with Emma that she was going to ride with her, said she wanted to give us some alone time since we wouldn't get much of it on this trip.

"We are only 20 minutes in the drive. It really is a beautiful drive. So put your iPad away, settle in with the coffee we bought you that is probably cold already, and let's talk."

"About?"

"Whatever you want to talk about."

"Did you just want to hear my voice? I can read you the emails I have in here."

"No, no emails." He reached over and took my iPad away from me and put it in his door.

"Hey!"

"Nope. Your father text me yesterday and told me that I needed to make you enjoy the trip in England and focus on being the girlfriend meeting my Mum, not my manager. Emma and Eliza have everything under control. You can work during the shoot but your email can wait."

"I dislike that you and Pops are getting along now. You're sabotaging my plan to have three peaceful hours of time to work in the car while you drive."

"Based on traffic getting out of London we are actually looking more like three and a half hours."

"And I can't work?"

"Nope."

"At all?"

"Nope."

"You are the absolute worst."

"Not what you said last night." I started to blush. "Last night you perhaps told me I was amazing repeatedly for like 10 minutes and then again for another 25 when I was done with you."

"I fucking hate you."

"You are such a liar."

"Fine. I'm not going to look at my email. What are we talking about on this road trip?" I picked up my coffee to take a drink. He was right, it was sort of cold by now.

"I say we talk about how you should move in with me."

"You moved me in with you already."

"No, I mean everything. Like pack up everything in boxes and move in with me for real. Permanently." I choked on the coffee. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, it was just...hot."

"Lies."

"Okay, I'm shocked. Move in with you? Permanently?"

"You've stayed at your condo once since we got together and I was with you. I think we should make it a real thing. That way you aren't having to stop at home for shit that you need or buying doubles of stuff."

"You really want me to live with you?"

"No, I'm asking you so that you'll move in with me and then I can hate my life for living with you. Yes, I want to live with you. I want to know that when I'm home that every morning I wake up next to you or at least next to where you slept if you're at work already. And that I know if I'm not home that I know you're in my bed and in my house and making it feel like home. It's always just felt like a house, you are what makes it feel like home." He glanced over at me. "Are you crying?"