Drunk Girl (Something Corporate)

A change, a change would do you, would do you good. A change would do you good. Of course the only thing that popped in to my mind in that moment was some stupid fucking Sheryl Crow lyrics. Someone else in this room needs to speak so that I can regain my brain and not just blurt out the first thing in my head. I'm normally completely composed in meetings but after going through the longest interview in the history of interviews today I'm half brain dead. Add the tall man with the great hair and British accent sitting close enough that I can smell his cologne, which I'm pretty sure is Tom Ford or maybe Burberry. Dammit someone talk!

"Well, I would like to believe we are the change you need." Thank you Dad! Dear brain, remind me to buy Dad a bottle of scotch for saving my ass today.

"As much as this will inflate his ego, I agree with my father. I think we are the right place for you. We can represent you in every aspect of your career. Want to write a book? We've got a department of specialized agents to guarantee that you get the best deal there is out there. Want to act? Well, someone of your caliber would have one of the founders of the company representing you to every major studio and director and getting you the auditions that matter. Want to become a professional golfer? Well, I'd probably recommend against it but I'd have Kammi step in to help. But at SME our philosophy is that the division that should be focused on what is in your best interest is the division that represents your main career. So I'd be personally representing you."

"I like the way all of this sounds."

"Why don't we all go grab dinner? Get a chance to get to know each other better and see if we are the right fit for you," Cameron suggested.

"That sounds wonderful." We all stood from the table and wandered in to the main area of my office. "You have a wonderful office, Everlee."

"Thank you and feel free to call me E. Everyone does."

"Alright, E." I noticed that Kammi had gone through her office and retrieved Nick who had been obviously waiting in there for us. "Hey man," Harry said as he approached us.

"Hey Harry, in meeting with the team today?" Nick asked.

"Yeah, I'm looking for new representation and they came highly recommended by Ed."

"Well, I don't know if my opinion matters but I have been represented by Cameron since I was a kid. He did everything for my brothers and then my solo career. I'd be lost without the people in this room." He slid his arm around Kammi. "Cameron handles less of my career now and a lot of it falls on E's shoulders and from my experiences she's one of the best in the industry." Harry smiled at me.

"That's definitely good to hear. Will you be joining us for dinner?"

"Yeah, when the girlfriend's Dad requests your presence at dinner you show up as to stay on their good side." I watched Harry's eyes dart between Kammi and Nick.

"Ah, yes, I imagine you do. Especially if he could get you cast in a shit film."

"Exactly that," Nick said.

"I'd never let you get cast in a shit movie and you know that," I said. "Cameron would only be able to suggest it, James would likely veto it and if he didn't because you know Dads side together I'd protect you."

"E, my own personal little chihuahua who thinks she is a pitbull."

"You know, maybe I'd actually let you get cast in the shit film." Nick wrapped his arm around my neck putting me in a headlock. "Stop it. You'll fuck up my hair."

"So dinner," my Dad said walking over to us. Of course we were the kids in the room fucking off when we should be focused on selling one of the biggest clients out there. "I was thinking Madeo." That was his go to place. My Italian Dad couldn't part with Italian restaurants and this was his favorite.