Daughters (John Mayer)

"Have you heard from Ty about how his date went?" Harry asked from the shower as I was putting my makeup on. We'd gotten up early this morning to go for a run in his neighborhood. He decided to lift when we got back while I took my shower.

"I haven't." I picked my phone up and saw nothing in our group chat so I clicked to call him.

"Hello," Ty answered in a whisper.

"Hey, how did last night go?" I asked.

"Really well. But I can't talk."

"Come on Ty, we just want to hear how it went," Harry yelled from behind me. I'd put the phone on speaker.

"I'll text but I can't talk. Umm...he's still sleeping."

"Yes!" Harry threw his arms up in the air in triumph.

"Shut up," I called back to him. "Get off the phone. And send us a text. You know Kammi is getting pissy that she hasn't heard anything yet either."

"Fine. Bye." I heard the beeps signaling the call had been disconnected.

"I win."

"I know, babe. You win. You found Ty a man even if it was just for last night."

"What do I get for winning?" he asked as he shut the shower off and reached for a towel.

"A cookie?"

"That's not fun. But if it's all I get, then I'll take it." He stepped out of the shower and kissed my shoulder. "What time is James coming over?"

"4:00 so that we can watch the game together. I'm sorry that I'm dominating your Sunday with my father and his girlfriend."

"I'm actually excited about it since he didn't try and murder me the last time he was in the house."

"He'd hire a hitman, he wouldn't do it himself. Too dirty." Harry's laugh filled the bathroom, echoing off of the tile and walls. "You laugh. I'm pretty sure my Uncle Mikey is secretly on payroll and makes things happen when we need them to."

"Uncle Mikey?"

"Pops' younger brother. He works out of our New York office but I'm not really sure what he does because he doesn't have a ton of clients. Pops tells me that he heads up our security team but I'm not sure what that means. So I tell Uncle Mikey that he's our muscle. I feel bad that I only got to see him for coffee when I was in New York and I didn't get to see his wife or kids."

"Do you have a big family on the Scarcello side?"

"Yeah, you think that my Mom and Dad's family was big. Pops is the oldest of eight kids. Four boys and four girls. I'm the oldest grandchild and the only one from the oldest child so it makes me extra special, at least I claim it does."

"I'm sure it does. Your Nonna and Papa are very proud of you. Nonna was so happy I called to get the love parm recipe. She promised she wouldn't tell a soul that I was making it for you. I hadn't even thought about the fact that it's the magical love parm and that she'd know that meant I loved you. But she was so sweet about it. She even offered to give me a few other recipes."

"Nonna is pretty funny." I went into the closet and grabbed a pair of ripped up skinny jeans and pulled them on. "She called me and left a message the day after you made the love parm to ask me how the trip home went and how you were. It was a very thinly veiled attempt to figure out if her granddaughter was in love."

"That's cute." I turned to look at Harry as he pulled his boxers on. "Do I need to wear anything special today for your father being here?"

"No? I'm gonna wear a Cubs shirt. It's just dinner with Pops. He'll probably be dressed a bit nicer but it's not necessary."