Chapter 6: Shopping

Three paintings, two sketches, and four charcoal drawings. I've been here for a week and a half and I've received these pictures from my mystery artist with encouraging or funny anecdotes written in the corners.

The sloppy handwriting is always the same but I can't figure out who it could be. Lucy's handwriting is sloppy but in a doctor sort of way, rushed and unreadable. It can't be Luke because he played tic tac toe with me when I first arrived and his letters are perfectly straight.

I've tried to put the pieces together in my head but it's hard when I don't know everybody that well. So far, I've figured out that the pictures are very detailed and are always related to me in some way which means that the person must know me fairly well.

Whatever. I need to get ready for today anyways. Lucy is the only other girl here so I've been having to borrow her clothes. Because she's insanely tall, this hasn't been working out very well... so today I finally getting to leave and go shopping!

I'm so excited, I haven't gone shopping in forever and I'm hoping I can buy some little clothes that aren't too suspicious.

Because I've been so busy here, I haven't had much time to be little and it's stressing the hell out of me. It's been a week with no little outfits, playing pretend, talking to my stuffies, or using my pacis. While I can't do any of that today, I'm still hoping to let loose today and just enjoy being me for a couple hours.

I notice the clock says 12:14 so I scurry to the bathroom and take a warm shower. After washing my body and shaving where it's needed, I dry off and put on lotion before brushing my teeth and applying deodorant. I decide to section my hair off into two braids and style my side bangs. Lastly, I curl the few pieces of hair sticking out from the sides and smile at my reflection.

Walking back to my room, I sit on the vanity and proceed to apply foundation, concealer, light eyeshadow, eyeliner, and mascara to my face. I check my forehead and see that my stitches are barely visible and grin when I remember I can get them out soon. Once I'm satisfied with my makeup, I walk over to the small closet and pick my outfit.

The few pieces of clothing I've been allowed to keep either fit too tightly in the... ahem... provocative areas, or aren't my size. Debating what size to wear, I remember none of the boys are tagging along, so I figure tighter clothes are better than baggy ones.

I pick ripped blue jeans and pair them with a black tank top that shows off my lower belly. Adding an off white and black cardigan with a teal necklace makes my eyes pop and I grab the black heeled boots from Lucy to complete the look. Not really an outfit I'd typically wear but I don't have much of a choice.

I check myself in the mirror one last time and make my way downstairs. My heels clicking loudly on the floor brings obvious attention to me and I flush in embarrassment. The last few days have been less tense between the gang and me but I'm still hesitant to be around them.

I turn to the kitchen and see Billy, Luke, and another boy I've met named Jack sitting at the table. Luke's eyes raise at my presence and he spits out the coffee he was drinking. "The hell, Luke?! Now I got coffee all over my back!" Jack scoffs. Luke mutters an apology and looks back down at his plate. Blushing, I walk over and smack Billy's head when I notice he's desperately trying to hold in his laugh.

I jump onto the counter and grab a piece of pancake while waiting for Lucy. Swinging my legs back and forth, I chew on the delicious breakfast food and look at the hunched over group of boys at the table. They're whispering and turning to look at me every few minutes which makes me terribly uncomfortable.

I listen and figure out that the boys are trying to make Luke do something. Finally, Jack has enough and shoves Luke off his seat. Luke glares over his glasses before turning and walking over to me.