Chapter 14: Christmas Eve and Princesses

My eyes open in a slow motion, not prepared for the bright sunshine that will greet me. I snuggle into my blankets with a sigh and stretch against the warm fabric. Not feeling the familiar hard, yet comfortable bodies next to me, I figure that my Daddies have already started their day and shrug.

Sleep slowly begins to take over again and I greet the feeling with open arms. A soft smile washes over my face and I whisper the words, "three more days" before shutting eyes once again.

But then it dawns on me.

"Three more days... THREE MORE DAYS!!!" I yell as I run out out my bedroom.

"Tree more days! Tree more days!" I chant out in the hallway.

"Only tree more days!" I scream as I run downstairs.

Finally, I reach the kitchen and jump into my Daddy's arms.

"Daddy, Daddy, Daddy! Onwee tree more days till Cwistmas!" I giggle while bouncing in Luke's lap. I hear several chuckles behind me but am too excited to care. I snuggle into my Daddy's chest and shift my body back and forth.

"I so 'cited for Santa!" I exclaim loudly.

"I mades a wist and checked it twice-"

"Sweetheart, that's what Santa does. You didn't have to check it" Noah says before kissing my lips gently.

"Oh" I say, giggling at my silliness. My Daddies and some other people chuckle at me and I blush, hiding my face in Luke's chest.

"Daddyyy" I whine, "they're makin' funs of me!" I pout at his smile but it quickly turns into a smile when he kisses me, nibbling on my bottom lip.

"You're just too adorable" he reasons. I smile and peck his cheek. I'm placed into my highchair and I clap happily when I'm given pancakes in the shape of a piggy. We eat quietly, me occasionally talking about my yummy apple juice.

We finish our food fairly quickly and I jump out of my seat, prepared to go watch some Shimmer and Shine, when Luke grabs me under my arms and sits me in his lap. I laugh as he tickles me and go to stand up when his grip tightens on my waist.

"Actually princess, we wanted to talk to you" he tells me happily, adjusting his glasses. I get distracted momentarily and grab his glasses before placing them on my face. I stretch my arms up and giggle.

"I is Daddy! Feels my wrath!" I bellow, immediately attacking Daddy with kisses. Luke laughs loudly, his magical giggle echoing throughout the kitchen and I grin at his cuteness.

"My Daddy" I whisper, hugging his body to mine.

"All yours, princess" he says sighing, a smile evident on his face.

"But we really do gotta talk, love" I hear Blake sigh, his hands rubbing my arms. I nod quietly and turn myself around so that my back is laying against Luke's front. I smile at my other Daddies and blow them kisses.

"So as you obviously know" Noah chuckles, "tomorrow is Christmas Eve. As a tradition, the leader of The Keepers holds a ball every year and we all celebrate together. As a family. We have already reserved a spot downtown and our guests have sent in their RSVPs. We wanted to know if you would come as our princess! We have already ordered a dress and have made plans for you and Lucy to have a girls day tomorrow. All you have to do is say yes."

I stare at my Daddies with wide eyes and an open mouth, practically drooling at the thought.

Were. They. Asking. Me. If. I. Wanted. To. Be. A. PRINCESS?!

"YES YES YES PWEASE OH MY GOSHY!!!" I screamed while jumping around in circles. My Daddies laugh at my antics, quickly shushing me. We all gather in a group hug and I grin, wonderfully excited for tomorrow.