Chapter 16: Promises

CHRISTMAS DAY

I watch my Daddies across the room, the gang gathered around them seriously. Quiet muttering and the occasional glance between members only intensifies the tense atmosphere. None of us could believe what happened and it was important that we brought attention to the issue.

"Alright" Blake barks, "We need to make something clear. I didn't think this would be such an issue but after last night, we need to talk." The gang nods and agrees but quickly shut up when a glare is sent their way.

I turn away slowly and sigh, thinking about how awful last night turned out.

___________________

CHRISTMAS EVE

Everybody was dead silent. The only noise in the room was the crackling fire and the whirring of the toy train.

I stood by my Daddies with a look of complete shock on my face while extreme nerves shone through their eyes. They were all on one knee and looked at me expectantly.

"Is tha-"

"It's not an engagement ring!" Luke blurts out. We all physically relax at the news but Noah slaps him in the chest. I giggle a little and feel much more comfortable at the news.

I really care about my Daddies but we haven't even said that we love each other yet! It's way too soon to get married.

"So... what is it?" I ask quietly.

The ring was beautiful. The band was gold with diamond incrusted swirls carved into it. In the center of it was a big, circular diamond that sparkles in the light.

The boys turn to look at Blake and he shakes his head with a deep chuckle

"It's a promise. A promise that we'll always protect you. A promise that we'll always care for you as our little. A promise that one day... you'll be ours forever."

"We know that our situation is a bit different" Luke says while laughing, "but as long as we're together, it'll be perfect."

"We want you, Autumn. And with this ring, we'll do everything in our power to spoil, care, and love you" Noah says with a small grin.

"So? Will you take it?"

My eyes are filled with tears at their words and I laughed happily. The boys spoke so movingly and I wanted to scream with joy!

I began nodding my head, prepared to express my own feelings, when slow clapping echoes across the room. Everybody turns to look and watches as Zach and some girl walk towards the center of the room.

"Well well well. Isn't this just lovely!" He exclaims, chuckling darkly. My Daddies slowly turn around and I can feel negativity radiating from their forms. I immediately get a bad taste in my mouth.