Chapter 7: Surprises

I will not speak. We've been driving for almost an hour because Lucy refuses to go back to the cabin until I tell her why I had a pacifier. But my mouth is frozen shut and my eyes are locked on the road ahead of us. After she confronted me, I calmly stood up and got in the car. I haven't moved since.

Another exasperated sigh leaves her lips. "Autumn, please just talk to me. I promise I won't judge you." I just continue staring out the window, eyes stinging with unshed tears from not blinking and sore limbs from my tense posture. But I dare not move because then I might break. I might loose it and tell her everything. I might make this nightmare real.

Lucy sighs again and turns to look out the window. Her brows are furrowed and she's chewing her bottom lip. It's silent for another twenty minutes. Nothing but the sound of tires rolling over the uneven pavement and wind whipping past us.

She suddenly jerks the car to the right and others honk as we drive on dirt and pebbles. I see we're headed towards an abandoned farmhouse and I finally close my eyes in panic. "She's not gonna let this go" I think to myself, and sigh as she pulls over.

Shifting the car into park, ice blue eyes stare at me in frustration and my own stormy grey ones look back in desperation. She huffs before unbuckling her seatbelt, and shifts her body towards me so that we're face to face and I cringe as she pulls the paci back out of her pocket.

Holding it up, Lucy spins the yellow pacifier between her fingers but never looks away from me. I'm pinned to my seat by her gaze and I involuntarily shiver in fear.

She takes a deep breath before speaking. "There are two possible reasons that a girl your age would have this" she starts out. "The first is that you're pregnant. But that's not possible because I would've noticed when I examined you" she squints.

The lump in my throat grows twice its size and a soft whimper escapes me. "Or..." I shut my eyes tightly when the next words leave her lips. "You're a little" she says.

I can't even try to hold in sobbing and I feel my entire body convulse in shakes. Lucy's eyes widen in surprise before she quickly grabs me in her arms and pulls me into her.

"I sowwy! I so sowwy!" I let out. My little space slips out and I can't bring it back in. I'm so embarrassed and terrified. I finally feel happy with these people but my being a little is just gonna fuck everything up again.

I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to live outside again when Lucy suddenly says, "Oh sweetie it's okay! I'm so sorry little one I just thought you wouldn't tell me!"  She shushes me and rubs my back until I'm finally calmed down and pops my paci into my mouth to suck on.

Wiping my tears, I sit up and grab the Piglet stuffie I bought out of its bag. I cuddle it to my chest and look over at Lucy. "You no tink I wewd?" I ask over my paci. She giggles and shakes her head. "I've met quite a few littles. I know you just want someone to take care of you" she coos while playing with my hair.

I lean into her touch and cuddle beneath her breast, suckling my paci and becoming sleepy with every passing stroke. She helps me back into my seat and buckles me before telling me we're going home. I nod, barely registering her words and fall asleep before I even hear the car start.
           _____________________

I wake up in my bed with Piglet, Stitch, and Howard surrounding me. I grin and crush them into my chest. I turn my head to look at the bedside table and see a note with Lucy's handwriting. Picking it up, I suck on my thumb and read.

Autumn,

I'm so sorry that I made you cry earlier in the car. I just wasn't expecting you to willingly tell me such a big part of your life but I'm so happy you did. I really want us to be friends and I think this brought us so much closer. I've unpacked all of your things and put the pacis and sippy cup in the closet. Please know that you can always come to me and I will be here to support you. The boys will also be accepting if you choose to tell them but if you don't I understand.

Lucy

I giggle in excitement and clap excitedly at the prospect of having a new friend. I can finally be myself around her! But I wonder why she said the boys would understand...

I shrug my shoulders and decide to paint a picture for Lucy since she's been so kind to me.
I swing myself out of bed and skip over to my closet to grab the bear paci.

Popping it into my mouth, I travel to the cubbies underneath the window and pull out the art supplies. I place a sheet of paper on the ground and pick a small paintbrush to my left. I dip the brush into a rich black and begin to create her curls.

I move my hand so the paint will match the unique swirls and smile in satisfaction. I continue to paint highlights in her hair and create an outfit that suits her taste. Afterwards I paint myself and make our figures hold hands before painting thank you in large letters.

I look at my creation and smile against my paci before sniffing the air. The paint gives off a strange musk and it feels familiar somehow. Almost as though I smell it everyday...

My head shoots up in realization.

I know who my artist is.

I spit my paci out and run out of the room, traveling downstairs and into woods. I know they'll be here so I force myself to push harder and faster, my legs burning with every step. But I keep going because I need to see them. I have to.

I hear the creek up ahead and know I'm close. I heard the gang was checking security and this is where they will be. I turn left at the bend and see him, standing with a gun and looking out over the crystal clear water. I'm panting at his beauty and the long strides I took to get here, but it's worth it looking at them now.

"It's you" I say. They turn to me in surprise.

"You're my artist"

-------------------------------------------------------
This isn't as long as I'd like but I wanted to update for you guys. Who do you think the artist is?! Follow my tumblr @cgl-fanfiction for updates and, as always, helpful criticism and ideas are encouraged! Also a shout out to @littleprincess8589 for her very sweet comment! Thanks everybody!