One

Hey everyone! Well here is the first chapter of my new story, it maybe be a bit boring but the next is where the story really gets started i promise (:

Please vote, comment and share?

Much Love, xxx

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Landon Monroe has finally gotten an interview!" I shout as I step into the apartment I share with my best friend. She pops her head out of the kitchen and smiles wide, "Really? Where?"

The thought of my possible new job brought a giant smile to my face, "I'm applying for a journalist job at Seventeen Magazine!" I exclaim while jumping up and down. I run over to the living room and throw myself onto the couch with a long sigh, "Oooo! Getting up there are we?" The brown haired girl jokes. I roll my eyes playfully and sit up so I can see what Halley was making in the kitchen.

"Whatcha makin?" I sing song making her laugh. "Quesadilla, want one?" I nod quickly suddenly feeling extremely hungry. But when am I not? Still not sure how I maintain my weight; maybe it's all the walking since I've gotten to L.A. Hmm if that's the case maybe I'll never get a car.

"Here you go, I made you two for that endless pit you call a stomach." I stick my tongue out at my best friend as we laugh at her very true statement. "So how's classes?" I ask Halley as she takes a seat next to me on the couch; Halley decided to start school the minute we moved in but I had to wait until the classes I wanted had an open space so for now I was job hunting. Hopefully I get the job tomorrow.

"They're good, I mean I'm finally studying something I care about so it doesn't suck, but you know the whole getting up early thing still isn't my style." She says with a shrug.

"Guess it sucks to suck. That's why I took a year off" I joke before I finish off my food and get up to put my plate away, as I walk to the cupboard to get a cup for juice Halley fires back,

"Mhm we both know your classes were full." I fake a offended scoff, but laugh because it's true, but I like to say I'm taking a break. Makes me seem cooler.

"So what do you want to do tonight?" Halley asks. I shake my head while I swallow my drink. "Nothing, I need to get ready for my interview tomorrow." I say and finish off my drink before walking to my room with Halley on my heels.

"Landon Monroe suddenly being responsible? L.A. has changed you." She shakes her head making me laugh, "L.A. has not changed me, I just need this job so we can pay rent and not be homeless." I say shuffling through my closet for something nice but casual to wear. What the hell do you wear to an interview?

I'm becoming less and less okay with this growing up thing. "C'mon don't be a prude!" Halley whines. I narrow my eyes towards my best friend, "I am not a prude." She laughs. I begin debating if she was to disappear if I could afford this apartment alone. Hmm...

"Let's just go out for a little; we won't stay out too late." Halley pleads. I turn back to my closet and decide that going out does sound pretty good after a month of stressfully looking for jobs.

"Fine, only for a little but so help me Halley if I miss my interview tomorrow you're getting a job and I'll start classes." I threaten but my best friend just laughs and skips out of the room, "We leave at 7!" I look at the clock on my bed side table and see its 6; eh I can fit in a shower. I let the water run as I wait for it to warm up I set my iPhone on the music dock to charge and play music; once I'm content with my band playlist I step in letting the water relax my muscles and begin washing up.

Like usual I do all the thinking that I push away throughout the day, It's been a while I should probably call to check up on the family. My odds are that one of dads many girlfriends will answer. Maybe I'll just call grandma, she's the only one who said goodbye when I left so she deserves a call. I settle it then that I will call my grandma tomorrow as I rinse off my body and step out quickly drying off then throwing my wet hair into a towel. I put on the fan in the bathroom so it's not so steamy when I need to do my hair and makeup. Now I need to find an outfit to wear. I decide on black skinny jeans and a white tank top with a half American flag and half floral print heart on the front. I pull my hair out of the towel set at the top of my head and blow dry it to let it fall into natural waves. I glancing at the time on my phone I see its already 6:40 so I quickly apply some make up and finish right before Halley is knocking on my door.

"Coming!" I call out and grab my phone and purse before walking out the room to see Halley in black leggings and a blue shirt that looks big on her but still nice. She was never really one to dress up but it works on her. "Ready?" She asks with an excited smile on her face.

"Yup, let's get going."

*Luke's POV*

"Okay we have today and tomorrow off except rehearsal in the afternoon." I tell the boys as I enter the trashed hotel room. How we managed to ruin this room in just the few hours we've been here is beyond me, but it happens. They cheer at my news, "So since we're free how about we go out tonight?" I ask Ashton is the first to jump up, "Finally!"

"Yeah!" Mikey and Calum cheer before getting up and getting ready. After a few minutes were all ready and out the door walking aimlessly down the streets of L.A. We pass by a club that seems to be pretty packed with even more people waiting in line outside.

"Let's go there." Ashton says before walking up to the security. "Look at the line we'll never-" I stop when I see Security letting Ash in, Oh alright then. Once were in were let to the back of the club filled with sweaty bodies and a strong stench of alcohol. Perks of being kinda famous we got into a V.I.P section.

"How the hell did you pull this off?" Calum asks Ashton. He laughs and shrugs, "I guess they noticed me when I asked how long the wait is." We laugh and high five him before ordering drinks and letting the night begin. Ash and Mikey went to go scope the place out and I was on my second drink when I spotted her at the bar.

"Woah." I feel someone stand next to me, but my eyes are locked on her fit body and long brown hair.

"Who's woah?" Calum asks. I point to the girl just as she turns and I can see the vibrant white smile on her face from across the room. "Her friend is cute." I'm sure there's a smirk on his face, but I can't take my eyes of this girl long enough to see.

"Let's go say hi." He says before setting down his drink.

"What? No. I-I cant." He laughs but says, "C'mon you're Luke Hemmings. You have thousands of girls swooning over you. She just another one of the fans." And that's where he's wrong, I don't know what it is, but she's not just another girl. The way I see her dancing and laughing with her friend gives me the courage I need to say, "Okay."

I've never been one to be able to sweet talk a girl, but I knew I just had to know her name. Calum leads the way as I follow, my knees begin to feel weak and my pulse seems to quicken. This girl hasn't even looked my way and I'm already putty over her, this can't be good.