Sixteen

*Luke's POV*

"I didn't write that article... I wrote one saying that you and the guys were down to earth and how thankful you were for all of your success. I wrote about how caring you are and how you much you meant to me, but my boss changed it because it was too 'boring'" she says using air quote when she says boring.

"I was on my way to trash it when I ran into you. And that is what I was trying to tell you, but you didn't let me even get a damn letter in." She sighs.

I stay silent looking into her eyes, looking for something, a sign that she's lying. I search and search, but there's nothing.

S-she's telling the truth.

My heart all but stops when realization hits me, this was my fault. I yelled at her for no reason. I made her cry and talked shit on her for no reason.

She didn't deserve that, I'm such an ass. Oh god, what if she doesn't forgive me? What if I've already ruined this?

So many thoughts are racing around my clouded head that I can hardly process words. All I do is drop my mouth open desperately wanting to speak.

She breaks our stare to look to the floor when tears pool in her eyes as she begins saying, "You can believe me or not, but that's the truth and I-" I cut her off by grabbing her cheeks and pressing my lips against hers.

I'm waiting for her to push me away and cuss me out, but

my heart almost leaps out of my chest the moment she begins to kiss me back and wraps her arms around my neck moving our lips in sync together, it feels right. Perfect even, it feels like home.

*Landon's POV*

He broke the kiss, but kept his hands in place. Leaning his forehead against mine as we both gasp for breath, I can't help but stare at him dumbfounded. I can't believe what just happened.

"I'm a stupid, self centered, arrogant, close minded jerk who messed up so badly. I'm so sorry Landon, I shouldn't have yelled at you or talked about you the way I did in that interview. You're not a mistake or a waste of time. You're the best thing that has ever happened to me. I've been going crazy without you, I care about you so much and if you could just give me one more chance I'll spend the rest of my life making it up to you. Please Landon." He pleas.

He kisses me softly letting his lips linger on mine, "please." He whispers against my lips.

My heart pangs at his broken voice, I try to speak and tell h,m it's okay because I've been going crazy too, but my mind goes blank. It's like I've forgotten how to speak or even breathe correctly.

So I just closed the small space between our lips kissing him passionately then roughly, pushing my body against his to get rid of the space keeping us apart. His hands fall to the small of my back pulling me as close as humanly possible. Squeezing my eyes shut I try to memorize this amazing feeling, like every nerve in my body was awake. I think I even stopped breathing all together.

We pulled apart breathing heavily, "you're so lucky you're cute." I joke making Luke chuckle.

"I'm so sorry, Landon."

"I'm sorry, too, Luke." I peck his lips again before he's asks,

"Will you be my girlfriend, again?"

Smiling like an idiot I nod quickly pulling him into a tight hug. My heart swelled with so many emotions I couldn't even process yet. Just as we're about to kiss again the door opens showing Halley and the guys smiling, "Hey! They're back together!" Halley called out making the guys cheer.

Luke and I look at each other then nod, suddenly he's running after his band mates and I'm chasing my screaming best friend down the hall until we get kicked out and go back to our apartment.

Luke and I were laying in my bed just enjoying each other's company. But we both knew there was a big elephant in the room.

"Landon?" Luke tries to get my attention.

"Hmm?" I hum in response. He shifts to try and look at me so I meet his eyes with a confused look, "Is something wrong?" I question.

"No, I just, I really care about you..." He trails off.

"And? I know you want to say more..." I prompt.

"I just want you to know I didn't sleep with any other girls and I didn't mean anything I said about you. I was just too stubborn to admit how much I missed you." He looks worried so I send him a small smile before pecking his lips.

"Luke, it's fine. And I didn't mean anything I said about you, I just... I really missed having you around." I admit looking down. He uses his index finger to lift my chin making me look at him.

"I really, really like you, Landon."

I smile, "I really, really like you, too, Luke."

"Good." He breathes with a smile.

We continue laying together until sleep takes over me. For the first time in weeks I finally got a good nights rest.