Ten

*Lukes POV*

I can't believe she said yes, she's mine. She's actually mine. I can't stop smiling as I'm kissing her when she breaks the kiss she smiles her beautiful smile but it falters a bit.

"Landon, you okay?" I question. She seems out of it, I wave my hand in front of her face when she doesn't respond and seem to snap her out of the daze she was in.

"What?"

"You zoned out, are you okay?" I ask again.

"Oh yeah I'm great, amazing actually. But I just remembered I have work I need to finish before tomorrow so I need to get going." She grabs her bags from shopping and comes over to kiss my cheek. "I'll see you later."

"Do you want me to give you a ride?" I ask even though she's already at the doorway.

"No it's fine! See ya!" She smiles and waves before shutting the door behind her.

Okay?

*Landon's POV*

By the time I get home it's nine, Halley is in the living room watching tv while I change into some shorts and a hoodie and sports bra before setting up my laptop on the kitchen table and opening Microsoft word. I open the file titled 'Article for Barbra' and when I open it, it is blank.

"What are you doing?" Halley calls from the couch.

"Barbra wants the damn article tomorrow morning." I sigh. How am I gonna do this?

"What? You're still gonna do it? I thought you and Luke were doing good."

"We are, he actually asked me out today but I-"

"He what?!" She cuts in.

"Oh, I didn't tell you? Luke asked me to be his girlfriend." I say with a big smile.

"Oh my god! I'm so happy for you! I-wait... And you're still writing this article?" She gives me a disapproving look.

"Halley..." I start but she rolls her eyes. "It's gonna be innocent I swear, I already feel like crap for it but I have to."

"Just promise me this wasn't all for the article." She begs.

"I told him about Lacey." I say quickly with my eyes glued to my blank article. The air was silent, too silent. I sneak a peek over to her to see her eyes wide and mouth dropped open.

"You what?" She asks.

"When he showed up I just couldn't take hiding it anymore. And he told me how it wasn't our fault. It never was, Halley. We tried helping her but some people can't be helped..." I trail off.

"W-wow. I guess you're serious about him then." She breathes.

I smile to myself, "yeah... I guess I am."

"Okay, fine. Write the article. But I'm reading it before you give it to Barbra." I bite back a smile.

If I write this the right way I could tell the truth but still protect the boys. Also this could be just the beginning for me and my writing. I jump up and go to hug Halley she grips me back tightly, "I love you Halley."

"I love me too, Landon." She jokes. I laugh with an eye roll before returning back to my computer with ideas suddenly flowing through me.

The article comes naturally, after editing and re reading about 50 millions to make sure nothing can be taken the wrong way I save it and see its already 12 am. Halley went to sleep long ago so I call it a night and decide I'll have her read it tomorrow.