Twelve

*Halley's POV*

I run a hand through my hair trying to clear my head. I need to figure this out, I need to fix this for Landon. I walk over to the cought to pick up my phone and unlock it clicking Calums contact number.

"Hello?" He answers.

"Hey," I breathe. "Whats going on, Claum?" I blurt out.

"You're not just a groupie to me!" he rushes. I shake my head at him,

"No Calum, why did my best friend come home crying to the point that she couldn't breathe?" I question. He scoffs making me raise an eyebrow,

"Oh she," he starts but when i hear the disgust in his voice i cut in.

"She" I mimic him, "is my best fucking friend in this whole shitty world so if i were you and you want to stay in my life I'd choose my words very, very carefully." I snap suprising him and myself by cussing. I don't think I've even talked to him that way before but Landon is my best friend and one of the few genuine people on this earth. She doesn't deserve that.

He clears his throat before staying quiet for a beat of silence then continuing, "Well, Landon was just using Luke to get dirt on us and bashed us in an article with lies. Then she even tried to deny it when we read the article with her name on it and her boss said hi to her before she called us in to interview us."

I roll my eyes because the stupidity of this situation is making me angry, but it's not Calums fault so I try to stay calm.

"Cal..." I trail off taking a deep breath. "How do you know that was really the case?"

"Because the article said so," He says simply. Wow.

"So what did she have to say?" I ask trying to make a point.

"She didn't say anything,"

"Did you even let her?" The line goes silent, there we go cal. I can hear him shift his seat before he replies,

"No..." He trails off.

"Do you want to know what really happened?" He sighs deeply probably realizing his mistake.

"Yes.."

I take a deep breath, "Landon wrote an innocent article about you guys, I read it myself and it just said how amazing you guys are and how down to earth you are despite all of the success you've gotten, plus how sweet and caring Luke is. Now her boss wasnt happy with it so she changed it like all slimy journalists do. When you ran into her she had just quit, not to mention that was her dream job, but she did it for you guys because of how much she cares about all of you. She was on her way to trash the article so they couldn't print it. She tried explaining that to you guys but neither of you gave her a chance to so you basically make a gigantic ass of yourself and broke my best friend for no reason." I finish.

There is only silence and i assume Calum is letting all of this new information sink in before a loud groan sounds from him, "I feel like such an ass."

"Well you are." I say half jokingly, half serious.

"We have to tell Luke,"

"He wont believe us, he'll think I'm just trying to protect Landon and you're just backing me up."

"And how do you suppose we get them to talk? He's heated, Hal. You don't even wanna hear what he said during the interview, then he came back to the hotel and just locked himself in his room without a word." With a sigh i lay back on the couch covering my eyes with my arm, only then do I hear a throat being cleared. Removing my arm from my line of vision I see Landon standing there,

"Hey I gotta go I'll talk to you later." Then hang up before Calum can reply. I place my phone on the ouch next to me as Landon takes a seat on the recliner across from me, "Hey, how are you feeling?" I ask.

"It's setting in, Luke won't believe me even if I did tell him the truth so I might as well not even try." She shrugs. I frown and walk over to her sitting with her although its a one person seat, I hug her tightly hoping in some way it helps. I feel so helpless until an idea pops into my head, Im such a genuis.